Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered the "trunk" behind the seats just today. As I was reading my not so very understandable german manual. Anyhow!
When I checked what was in there, I found out it was an amplifier. And then I started to wonder. Cause it didn't look very Alfa'ish. Tried to search on the net to see if it was custom or not but couldn't find out. So I was hoping anyone on this forum had a clue? It's a Lightning Audio B2.400.4 amp. Some websites claim its 600W and some say 100Wx4. So I'm not really sure what it is. Would be nice to know if anyone knew. It stands that it's torture tested so it should kick some watts :lol:

btw; it's a -97 Spider 2.0 TS

·
Registered
139 Posts
here's the pdf of the manual of that amp-range lightningaudio manuals 2004 (takes a while to load, just be patient :D )

Power Rating of the B2.400.4:
75w x 4 @ 4ohms
100w x 4 @ 2ohms
200w x 2 @ 4ohms
(2 channels bridged)

Keep the 4x 75W @ 4ohms as a guideline, as most (full range) speakers are 4ohm. I think the power output is RMS power; meaning continuous power the amp can deliver 100% of the time, without running into problems.

If you are going to use it as a sub-amp, then the 2ohm stability might be handy (if using several subs connected in parallel).

Cheers
Martijn

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thanks! That's great. So since it's the 2004 manual I wouldn't think that the amp is from -97??

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nope, the 916's have never been equipped with an external amp radio -just the radio.

So your Lightning Audio amp was fitted at a later date, >2004 is my guess.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts