Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm not sure if these reviews are by morons or from people pretending to be morons - i think the first is more likely but either way very funny. Heres a site that collects reviews from Amazon Cynical-C Blog - YCPE

heres some of the highlights to give you a clue before clicking through

This Is Spinal Tap

If you’re going to make such an excellent documentary, why make it about about a band that nobody has ever heard of?

Getting similar behind-the-scenes footage on the Who, The Stones, or Genesis would have been a monumental achievement in documentary cinema.

Schindler’s List

Hey don’t get me wrong I like Holocaust movies as much as the next guy , but this one was a real let down. First of all there are no Americans(at least not American characters)hey spielzy what gives, wheres are hero, schindler is no indiana jones. Perhaps he should of handed the script over to michael cricton.I think spielberg is our greatest “dreamweaver”, to quote someone else, but this film has no pizazz, or more importantly no color. plus it doesn’t have any great action scenes or excitement like saving private ryan. I guess the holocaust is a good topic to make a movie about, but brother this movie aint no “hook”. hopefully people will forget about this turkey and pay more attention to stephen’s better work, ‘amistad’ ‘field of dreams’ ‘ the lost world’.

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Come Together sounds fake, and everything else is tired. Who would buy this when you have Pink? Get her new album instead.

The Beatles - The White Album

These old talentless hags will never be as great as their idols Oasis! Oasis are one of the best “classic rock” bands ever, aside from Metallica. This whole album is boring and uninspired with weak songwriting. All of the songs sound the same!

Good Fellas

Deserves an X rating for all of the gratuitous violence. Little to offer to a Christian-based viewer who ascribes to humanist values.

J

·
0 Posts
Well i'm not sure if these reviews are by morons or from people pretending to be morons - i think the first is more likely but either way very funny. Heres a site that collects reviews from Amazon Cynical-C Blog - YCPE

heres some of the highlights to give you a clue before clicking through

This Is Spinal Tap

If you’re going to make such an excellent documentary, why make it about about a band that nobody has ever heard of?

Getting similar behind-the-scenes footage on the Who, The Stones, or Genesis would have been a monumental achievement in documentary cinema.

Schindler’s List

Hey don’t get me wrong I like Holocaust movies as much as the next guy , but this one was a real let down. First of all there are no Americans(at least not American characters)hey spielzy what gives, wheres are hero, schindler is no indiana jones. Perhaps he should of handed the script over to michael cricton.I think spielberg is our greatest “dreamweaver”, to quote someone else, but this film has no pizazz, or more importantly no color. plus it doesn’t have any great action scenes or excitement like saving private ryan. I guess the holocaust is a good topic to make a movie about, but brother this movie aint no “hook”. hopefully people will forget about this turkey and pay more attention to stephen’s better work, ‘amistad’ ‘field of dreams’ ‘ the lost world’.

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Come Together sounds fake, and everything else is tired. Who would buy this when you have Pink? Get her new album instead.

The Beatles - The White Album

These old talentless hags will never be as great as their idols Oasis! Oasis are one of the best “classic rock” bands ever, aside from Metallica. This whole album is boring and uninspired with weak songwriting. All of the songs sound the same!

Good Fellas

Deserves an X rating for all of the gratuitous violence. Little to offer to a Christian-based viewer who ascribes to humanist values.

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

And the comments about Schindlers list :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

H

·
0 Posts
tbh i think the beatles are the most overated band ever, oasis are **** aswell.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
And what about that shake spear bloke. Very little in the way of spears and hardly any shaking. Give me Shaking Stevens any day.

S

·
0 Posts
tbh i think the beatles are the most overated band ever, oasis are **** aswell.
+1. Never got the hype about them. But then I was never alive in the 60s either. Oasis I'm not overly fussed about.

Cracking Amazon reviews. Thing about Amazon reviews are that they are usually 5* or 1* reviews, with very little in between.

I remember reading an Amazon review about the Acer Aspire One that mostly said it was too small, screen was too small, not a big enough hard drive. But that's the point of a netbook!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts