Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't need it, I don't want it but they still try to push their free trial on me! I've tried the 'Free trial' years ago, it automatically takes a payment if you don't cancel almost immediately the free trial starts, been there not going back. It's have this free trial or pay a stupid amount of postage on one or all of the items in your basket, I'm not paying nearly 拢5 postage for something I can buy on Ebay, with free postage for less than a fiver! I wonder if the sellers know they're losing trade because people like me delete everything in their basket when this happens and go over to Ebay or other websites to buy what they want. As for Morrison's, you can't even put some stuff in your Amazon basket if you don't have Prime!
Amazon, stop trying to push your Prime onto me, it's annoying and I will just go elsewhere.

Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
I have it....went up 拢1 per month the other day.....first time in years though....I mainly have it for TV and music......but my wife uses it for the free next day postage.....I usually find most items more than competitive with ebay......I think to many its not a case of one or the other, most use both and just pick whichever is cheaper at the time .I did the free trial a few times first though......they never took my money....they dont unless you forget to cancel within 31 days....I usually do it around the 25 days mark just to be on the safe side....

Registered
948 Spider LE
I've hardly used Amazon since they started charging for postage unless you spend more than 20 quid.
I find eBay easier and the free delivery seems to be quicker as well.

Amazon did catch me out a few years ago when I was rushing through checkout and must have unwillingly hit the Prime trial button. It was a real PITA to cancel it - I had to ring up in the end, there was no way of cancelling it online. When I queried that, they said yes, they sometimes do that and won't allow online cancellation. Though most people I've mentioned it to have been able to cancel online.
As you can imagine, that pretty much killed what was once a regularly used website for me. I use them more for price comparison only these days - more like an Argos for modern times.

Reactions: AlfaDrivingFan

Registered
Although I prefer to use alternative sources to Amazon whenever possible, I do occasionally take advantage of free Prime trial membership & use it to buy small items which I can't get post-free elsewhere. Sometimes I'm even getting free delivery with Prime from a supplier who would charge if I went direct or bought on Ebay!

I've never had any problems cancelling a free trial I get an email a few days before it's due to end, a couple of clicks, job done. The last time I did it they gave me a free 30-day extension.

Registered
I have it....went up 拢1 per month the other day.....first time in years though....I mainly have it for TV and music......but my wife uses it for the free next day postage.....I usually find most items more than competitive with ebay......I think to many its not a case of one or the other, most use both and just pick whichever is cheaper at the time .I did the free trial a few times first though......they never took my money....they dont unless you forget to cancel within 31 days....I usually do it around the 25 days mark just to be on the safe side....
But how free is the postage if you are paying a monthly fee?

I suppose it depends on how much you save on using it for other things.

Registered
I only ever buy it very occasionally, like before Xmas if Ineed to order stuff for next day delivery.

I also often take up the 1 month free offers when they give them to me.

Registered
My son has had the annual subscription for the last few years and we have never ending parcels arriving at the door.
Have to admit to jumping on the bandwagon and paying part of his yearly amount because we find it handy.
I used to be an eBay man but Amazon's no fee easy return policy is excellent....in fact a few items we have just been told not to return and just keep.
Still purchase from eBay....but very rarely now.

I said I wouldn't go over to the dark side of Amazon.....I fell by the wayside. :(

Registered
Amazon are due to change their website so (a) it doesn't make everyone accidentally sign up for Prime and so (b) it's possible to find out how to cancel it without being inspector Clouseau. They have been pounced upon by the EU and told to change it. Amazon more or less said they always wanted to anyway. The changes will benefit UK customers too, presumably because it's more convenient to Amazon to include us.

I've always thought it a classic case of a company who provide an excellent service, presenting themselves as grasping scumbags you don't want to deal with.

Registered
My son has had the annual subscription for the last few years and we have never ending parcels arriving at the door.
Have to admit to jumping on the bandwagon and paying part of his yearly amount because we find it handy.
I used to be an eBay man but Amazon's no fee easy return policy is excellent....in fact a few items we have just been told not to return and just keep.
Still purchase from eBay....but very rarely now.

I said I wouldn't go over to the dark side of Amazon.....I fell by the wayside. :(
Prime is always "free" postage.....well it virtually is with the amount of purchases we make with Amazon.

Registered
The only annoying thing about Prime was the loss of next day delivery. Too many plebs choking up the system with their orders for tat. 馃槨

:unsure:

Ah.

Err.

馃槉

1 - 20 of 39 Posts