Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a recent Amazon deal I bought 3 Echo Dots, I had a plan to put one in the Spider but I seem to be struggling to get enough current to it. I've tried it through the USB port in the stereo and a cigarette lighter adapter but the dot itself won't boot. It says it draws 9W so as that is less than an amp I can't see why it is struggling. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Does it need a 0.3 Amp USB port or a 1.0 Amp? You might have to stick a 1 Amp version in the cigarette lighter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, I tried connecting to an Anker powerbank which has 1.2 and 2Amp outputs.. Didn't like either of them. Going to try a charge only USB cable but not holding out much hope.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Not sure, I tried connecting to an Anker powerbank which has 1.2 and 2Amp outputs.. Didn't like either of them. Going to try a charge only USB cable but not holding out much hope.
Make sure you get the higher amp'd USB 3 spec'd power adapter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update... A £1.80 power only usb adapter worked a treat, boots just fine off the car radio if data is disabled on the cable. I'm going to replace it with a longer power only USB A to Micro USB so I can tidy the wiring up but working fine now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts