Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above?? The only other person who seems to be like me is Alfa Red and to you sir I salute you.

Damien.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I quite often hit the limiter in 2nd and third when driving hard, not 20-30 times per day but often enough:)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never hit the limiter, I think I've hit mine 5 times since I've owned the car. I mean just up to 7k and change gear hitting the limiter is a bad idea can pop a coil pack doing that.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Never hit the limiter, I think I've hit mine 5 times since I've owned the car. I mean just up to 7k and change gear hitting the limiter is a bad idea can pop a coil pack doing that.
Its not intentional, its just that the v6 is so free of vibration and sounds so sweet at the top end it can catch you out.

to be honest 80 percent of the time i short shift and use the torque but when the mood takes me 7k is a good change up target:D

·
Registered
38,910 Posts
I tend not to do it much in the GTV. I cannot afford to get points on my licence.

It will happily do it though.

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Maybe not 20-30 times a day.........but it does happen quite regularly when the conditions are right, nudge, nudge, wink.......it just makes me buzz for the day......:thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not intentional, its just that the v6 is so free of vibration and sounds so sweet at the top end it can catch you out.

to be honest 80 percent of the time i short shift and use the torque but when the mood takes me 7k is a good change up target:D
Lol, ya the V6 is immense at picking up revs for a big beast of a yoke lol. I don't have any low end power so the redline it is for me lol :p

To scared its done 138000miles
If it's lasted that long it'll be grand.

I tend not to do it much in the GTV. I cannot afford to get points on my licence.

It will happily do it though.
Ye V6 drivers don't really need to :p Your engine is nearly 3 times the size of mine lol. I have taken a V6 near the redline and my lord it is a fun experience and never mind the point's you'll be grand lol.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha nice one man there a great wheel very strong and light.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
As above?? The only other person who seems to be like me is Alfa Red and to you sir I salute you.

Damien.
:thumbs:

thats what its for, and the only way it will move, dont want to rev your car, buy a diesel:lol: even my mums saw it today, probably the 1st time since she has had it:lol: to be fair she has just come from a 2.4jtd, so i will give the benefit of doubt for now:lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumbs:

thats what its for, and the only way it will move, dont want to rev your car, buy a diesel:lol:
Lol, that is completely true we have little torque but decent bhp so it has to be done. I must check my RR printouts I think my car still makes power up to the redline.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Lol, that is completely true we have little torque but decent bhp so it has to be done. I must check my RR printouts I think my car still makes power up to the redline.
i think mine does too, it doesnt give in and still pulling hard until it gets to 7k:D

need to be careful at the minute though, as the passenger side bearing is dead, and the shocker is bent and the horse shoe mount thing is also bent, i hate curbs:mad::mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be careful with them problems lol. Ya I'll be having a look at them there in a min and see how far the bhp goes. Must get them uploaded

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I know a guy locally ;) who takes his 164 V6 the long route home every day and hits 180kph along a fairly tranquil 6 km stretch. 150 in the rain though... I know him well and h doesn't like hitting the red line much, no point really, but certainly just shy of it several times a day. He has yet to suffer any consequences or engine failures because of this thrashing either and I... erm, he, will never do it if there is anyone else on the road.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Regularly on my twinny and when the mood takes me on my V6, sometimes feel the limiter is too low on the V6, where the twinny tails off a bit towards 7k my V6 is still pulling strongly and it's very easy to hit the limiter in 2nd.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am also one of those lazy drivers.... most of the time. I like low rev shifting, specially in the city. But I do rev it every now and then, its like treating yourself with a expensive cigar, I dont wanna do it to often, it would kill the joy.

On the open road, though, i like to accelerate hard up to cruising speed, so there is more often me reving it up to 6-6.5k. I also rev it all the way in overtaking. :)

I feel kind of out of the story here, with all the V6s here in this thread :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love to push it in 2nd to 60/70mph as the car just roars away. Red line it on the Coast Road, Newcastle.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts