Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Silly question, but I read that 156es have a cabin temp sensor. I see the little net on the central console which is supposed to be the temp reader. But I can't see the temperature digits anywhere. When I press the "km" button to change the kilometer only thing that happens is the kilometers get restarted. Nothing else.
So am i doing it wrong or?
Also both my front seats have the little red light for the seat heater, but I can't find the button anywhere. Should I assume that a certain Luigi from Italy just put same seats on the cars even though they didn't have seat warmers or?

Car is from the first 156es, 98 model, 2.0 TS.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi fellow Bulgarian :)

Do you own the car from new?I'd say somebody swapped the interior at some point with one that has heated seats...iirc the switch should be on the side of the seat itself so have a closer look....and if you have the wiring n place under the carpet you might be sitting on a bonus :)
As for the interior temp, are you sure that's not the one for external temp.It should be activated by the button next to the KM restart one. I don't think 156's have the option to display internal temperature at all...even facelifts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
156's do have a cabin temp sensor, but the value is not actually displayed anywhere it's just used to regulate the temperature

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi boys,

Thanks for the quick reply. So the temperature value is something I shouldn't worry about. BUT stupid seats don't have a button anywhere. There is a lot of wiring under the seats, and the red light, BUT no button. I am not the first owner, I am the 250th I guess, as the receipts I found on the car had at least 6 different owners.
And I would love to have some seat warmers as it was -5 last night in Helsinki. And in -5 no one is happy, let alone in -20 (in about 1.5 month).

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
All 156's have the wiring for heated seats, just the seats themselves were different, the buttons for the heated seats (if applicable) should be on the seat themself ... can you take a picture of the "red light" on the seat??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts