Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
No, he has left and I am dealing with a Mr Harris who is the aftersales manager, i sent him a rather long and to the point email about the car and the problems which where still there after being the workshop for 6 days!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There are one or two not too complimentary posts about Lookers Cardiff in the MiTo section aswell. I'm sure some MiTo owners have resorted to using the local Fiat dealer instead, which speaks volumes.

I fully agree with rejecting it now. I was always of the understanding that you needed to give the dealership a chance to rectify the faults, (which is what i did with a pig of a Clio i bought new a few years ago), but there was an article on it in Auto Express this week & it says you don't actually have to give any opportunity, so you've done more than you need on that basis.

The car is still new enough for at least some of the faults to be deemed as present from new, so i can't see why Alfa/Lookers wouldn't replace the car. End of the day if theyre that bothered then they can just patch yours up & sell it onto another unsuspecting buyer. The couple of grand in depreciation (mostly VAT at that age i suspect) is hardly gonna cripple Alfa, or the dealer. But rubbing customers up the wrong way might.

Liam

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its been off the road for about 16+ days so far, so they have had numerous attempts at sorting it out and in this weeks Autoexpress there is a very good article about rejecting cars so its right on time for me. if i get no joy they I'll pass the case onto Autoexpress.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've done just over 10k miles in mine now and it still brings a smile to my face :)

However, I've had my fair share of bad luck but some of this is to be expected with a new model.

Wiper blade fell off doing 80 on the M26 in the rain - D'ohh !!
Replaced ultrasonics due to alarm fault.
Replaced faulty battery.
Replaced broken clip on side skirt.
Saggy leather seats (Told this is normal)
Clutch master cylinder replaced due to "popping" at top of pedal travel - Fixed
Gearbox replaced due to "kraw kraw" noise when holding in low gear at around 2500 - Noise still there & told "may" be normal but dealer still investigating.
Cracker windscreen (Not a fault obviously)
Water leaking into boot lock area after rain - Forgot to mention this to the dealer.

None of the above have really been serious issues that resulted in the car breaking down, and the dealer (Meridien Milano in Poole) has been exceptionally helpful and also willing to investigate any issues that I've had.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Of course there are faults- that's what message boards are for :lol:
A lot of the initial faults seem to have been ironed out on newer cars

·
Registered
473 Posts
Good luck with rejecting the car (seriously). In my experience at this stage the only way you can reject it is if they have defined a time scale that all the faults will be fixed by, then if its not fixed you can reject it. Others may say different, but this is what happened to me when I tried to reject a car due to a duff gearbox, and I had been without the car for over a month....

It will be interesting to hear how they handle it given that you have just dropped it off and rejected it... :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hmmm reading this makes me rethink about looking into a Giuli
Look at how many Giuliettas have been sold since launch in the UK. This is an unfortunate few that as has been stated elsewhere people quite rightly are seeking advice on. It is a small percentage that are having problems and let's not kid ourselves that other Marques don't suffer similarly. My QV is 2 weeks old, 750 miles in and I'm loving it

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mine is a 1.6 JTDM Lusso in Profundo Blue. I know I've had a grumble but I don't regret getting one for a moment. I've had mine since Oct 10 and I still get admiring looks. It's a fantastic drive and apart from a few teething troubles, I am loving it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just an update: air con all fixed - cooool air at last. Many, many thanks to Simonstone in Brislington, Bristol for all their help in getting these issues fixed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've done just over 10k miles in mine now and it still brings a smile to my face :)

However, I've had my fair share of bad luck but some of this is to be expected with a new model.

Wiper blade fell off doing 80 on the M26 in the rain - D'ohh !!
Replaced ultrasonics due to alarm fault.
Replaced faulty battery.
Replaced broken clip on side skirt.
Saggy leather seats (Told this is normal)
Clutch master cylinder replaced due to "popping" at top of pedal travel - Fixed
Gearbox replaced due to "kraw kraw" noise when holding in low gear at around 2500 - Noise still there & told "may" be normal but dealer still investigating.
Cracker windscreen (Not a fault obviously)
Water leaking into boot lock area after rain - Forgot to mention this to the dealer.

None of the above have really been serious issues that resulted in the car breaking down, and the dealer (Meridien Milano in Poole) has been exceptionally helpful and also willing to investigate any issues that I've had.
Simon, did you find out what the "kraw kraw" noise was? I have this too.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts