Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my G last October. It's been back to the dealer 3 times so far. 1st the fuel cap wouldn't open - got that fixed. Next gearbox problems. Intermittently would not go into 1st gear, I would have to raise the clutch slightly and then it would pop in. Got that sorted a couple of weeks ago after chasing the dealer for 6 weeks to get the part. Last few days we've have warm weather, time to try out the air con only to be greeted with warm air. Another phone call to Alfa who will be looking at it on Wednesday. Is anybody else this unlucky? Just wondering if the later ones have had these problems sorted out.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine was twice.

First left mirror was shaking. They changed it.

Second driver's seat was creaking. They repaired it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
as we speak mine is in for 5 days for;

to remove the complete dashboard to cure, squeaks/knocking sounds
to remove the gearbox (2nd time) to cure noise from clutch under load/cold
to replace the 'sat nav' lid, broken hinge
to strip the drivers/passenger doors to cure more squeaks etc, etc
to cure the reverse beeper sensitivity
to look at the exhaust blow from the front of the vehicle 2nd time)

thats all folks, should get it back Monday??

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine was twice.

Second driver's seat was creaking. They repaired it.
I had the shaky mirror, the double sided tape had dried up, fixed it myself before it flew off and hit the car!

My seat has just started creaking behind my left shoulder blade, how did they fix it;
:mad: Its doing my head right in!

·
Registered
361 Posts
My seat has just started creaking behind my left shoulder blade, how did they fix it;
:mad: Its doing my head right in!

They said to me that there were more cases about creaking seat, but Alfa did not provide a good solution yet.
In my case, they opened the seat and they lubricated it. I must say that the seat does not creack any more. I hope it will stay this way :)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I had the shaky mirror, the double sided tape had dried up, fixed it myself before it flew off and hit the car!
For a while now, ours has had shaky mirror (OS), which develops into a rather irritating and audible rattle at motorway speeds. Will get it booked in. Otherwise, all good so far :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
For a while now, ours has had shaky mirror (OS), which develops into a rather irritating and audible rattle at motorway speeds. Will get it booked in. Otherwise, all good so far :)
Be careful it doesnt blow off at speed and hit the side of your car!

·
Registered
350 Posts
They said to me that there were more cases about creaking seat, but Alfa did not provide a good solution yet.
In my case, they opened the seat and they lubricated it. I must say that the seat does not creack any more. I hope it will stay this way :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi al

had it back after 6 days in Lookers and------ most of the faults still there

Clutch operating cylinder changed, noise still there. Only thing left is the dual mass flywheel
rear suspension noises, still there
noises from drivers door still there
noises from front suspension, gone!!!!
dashboard removed better but not fully cured

and in addition i now have a very loud cracking,knocking noise from the front, sounds like a loose engine/gearbox mounting
if you press the passengers carpet you get another knocking noise, just wonderful, car on the drive out of action again

Just sent a epic email to ARUK and Lookers and have demanded a new car or I'll get auotexpress on the case, its no holds bard now

So very disappointed in this car and now with Lookers who did not test the car properly, otherwise they would have heard the noises, its that simple, the shi=ts going to hit the fan

·
Registered
361 Posts
In your case selling the faulty car and buy a new one is probably the only solution. Its hard to repair so many builidng errors.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi al

had it back after 6 days in Lookers and------ most of the faults still there

Clutch operating cylinder changed, noise still there. Only thing left is the dual mass flywheel
rear suspension noises, still there
noises from drivers door still there
noises from front suspension, gone!!!!
dashboard removed better but not fully cured

and in addition i now have a very loud cracking,knocking noise from the front, sounds like a loose engine/gearbox mounting
if you press the passengers carpet you get another knocking noise, just wonderful, car on the drive out of action again

Just sent a epic email to ARUK and Lookers and have demanded a new car or I'll get auotexpress on the case, its no holds bard now

So very disappointed in this car and now with Lookers who did not test the car properly, otherwise they would have heard the noises, its that simple, the shi=ts going to hit the fan
So all of the faults were there the first day you had the car?

They're not going to road test the car for 6 months, these faults have obviously developed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
In your case selling the faulty car and buy a new one is probably the only solution. Its hard to repair so many builidng errors.
So all of the faults were there the first day you had the car?

They're not going to road test the car for 6 months, these faults have obviously developed.
They should be able to get him a new car. He had the car since September so I would assume the faults are because its an early model. Since the dealer couldn't fix them, or he thought that he did but then did not properly tested the car, I would assume its their fault.

Besides all the problems sounds like they should be covered by warranty so it would be easier for ARUK to replace the car as well if they can't fix it...

I'm sorry it didn't work out Bob, hopefully you will get everything sorted out soon, but please turn the fan off before letting the sh** hit it:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
thanks all

what i meant about the road test is, after 6 days of repairs you would have thought that a proper road test would have picked up that the clutch was STILL noisey and that there was a loud knocking noise when you drove the car which was not there when it came in:mad: i have tested vehicles on hundreds of times i can say i would have heard the noises, in fact i heard the new noise within a mile or two after collecting the vehicle

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have left mine at the dealers and do not want it back, i have formally rejected it and should hear from ARUK Wednesday, enough is enough, its a skip on wheels

1 - 20 of 31 Posts