Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 682 Posts

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( :(

Don't really know what to say.

I think the photos say it all. (poor quality phone camera, but you get the idea I'm sure)

It was really cringe-worthy. Picture the scene - I was at a fairly large BMW dealership over the weekend (don't ask:tut: ) with my gorgeous, clean and shiney 159, when the DP asked if my new, replacement 159 had been in a smack/had the door repainted or was all Alfa paintwork that shoddy. :confused:

"Don't be so silly" I replied, thinking he was taking the ****, and then looked at the passenger door in the bright sun light. :eek:

Oh bugger.

..and so it began, the "Alfa's are crap routine" and "You should have bought the 3 series coupe you test drove Mr Hunter" :rolleyes:

The door is metallic black. The rest of the car is Oceano black. You can only tell in sunlight (the blue flecks in the oceano black really shows through), but it looks so obvious about 5/6 feet away... :cry:

I never noticed at the dealer when I picked it up - I'm sure they didn't either. I never even noticed it for the last 800 miles or even when I washed it!!! Sod's law it had to be BMW people who picked it up and had a giggle...:rant: :(

There's small over-spray 'puffs' on the door pillar and small masking tape lines under the wing mirror - it's obvious when I looked close enough. :rolleyes:

Really, really unhappy now.

Thanks a bunch Alfa UK for once again letting me down. After all I've been through the last months with my previous 159, I'd have thought you could have found a decent one as a replacement.

Mango's are going to inspect/evaluate it as soon as I can get it there - perhaps a fortnight from now because of my work commitments...

Really, really deflated and dejected. :(

Attachments

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
:eek: :eek:

Sorry to hear this Hunter....it does look like a replacement door - is that my imagination is the gap between the door and the front wing a bit large and ill fitting..:confused:

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hunter I have followed your story over past few months open mouthed at times, words escape me this time..... AR, when will they learn! Hunter sorry for bad luck (once again)....

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Aw crap dude - that's not a nice thing to discover at anytime, but even more so when, as you said, it's at a BMW place. :(

Simon

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Oh FFS :(

What the f:swear:k are ARUK trying to do to you :confused:

Go back to 'em and give 'em hell :mad: :rant:

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
That's shocking Hunter....hope you get to the bottom of why it was like that and get it sorted ASAP :(

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:rolleyes: :( :cry: :rant:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Im sorry for u mate. That is awefull. I hope ur gonna give them hassle. I wud be tempted to drive it thru the dealerships window but maybe i just need anger management

·
Registered
59 Posts
Is it a replacement for a previous 159 then?

Have just been promised a replacement fo mine (2.4 diesel), because of all the crap, and am desperately hoping that I dont get a similar problem

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Is it a replacement for a previous 159 then?

Have just been promised a replacement fo mine (2.4 diesel), because of all the crap, and am desperately hoping that I dont get a similar problem
You'll probably end up with Hunters original :( :( :(

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
FFS what the h3ll are AR up to.... :mad:

They've always had good loyal customer in you ......

I cannot believe that this has happened....

After all the Customer Service nonsense that they've been pushing over the last 6 months or so.... how on earth can any of us have any confidence in the marque....

My 147 is going to be replaced soon (I'm keeping the old spider :D) but your experiences are enough for me to say I'm off to buy something different.

I've always loved Alfas (despite rust, dodgy electrics and lousy dealers) but this is just totally unacceptable...

I don't know what to say to you my fiend.... except

Go get yourself a decent car (probably that Audi :)) from a reputable manufacturer/supplier..... put all this cr4p behind you and enjoy yourself.

So sorry to hear this ..... all the best GJ :)

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That's really disappointing, Hunter. Just when it looked like a reasonable result. :(

My 147 is going to be replaced soon (I'm keeping the old spider :D) but your experiences are enough for me to say I'm off to buy something different.
...and that's a real problem - people will make a judgement based on Hunter's experience, which has been dreadful, rather than (for example) Fraser's, which seems to have been great so far.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's really disappointing, Hunter. Just when it looked like a reasonable result. :(

...and that's a real problem - people will make a judgement based on Hunter's experience, which has been dreadful, rather than (for example) Fraser's, which seems to have been great so far.
I agree Jamie. Fraser has had great experiences and I have had awful experiences :( I think I've just been very unlucky and poorly looked after :( No reason why we should be so different - it's the same car after all :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 682 Posts