Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure i read some where that to reset the ECU you have to disconnect the battery and join up the + and -.Looked in the search but can't find it.So where did i see it?
The problem i am having is that on a 1.8 ts 16v the tick over is lumpy or more of a throb and i want to see if it is the ECU that needs remaping.
If you have suffered this problem of a throbbing tick over but ok above tick over then please share it with me.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not cinvinced of the safety of making the two poles meet but it is an accepted method. The main one is to disconnect the battery for about 20mins. Briefly touching the two ends together once removed from the battery is to completely discharge the system.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nordic

On the trouble shooting tips on the fitting instructions for the Squadra chip it says that to reset the Alfa Code and ecu remove both battery leads and then while there disconnected touch the them together for approx 30 seconds to carry out a reset ..........

Dunno if this works or not but that`s what it say`s think if you visit the site and read the on line fitting instructions it`s on there somewhere :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Completely irrelevant to the problem in hand but in my experience i find that if you have to ask if you're going mad, you normally are!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) My Squadra is arriving tomorrow, :D My avowed intention is to fit it on Saturday and drive like a loon! eek! WOOF WOOF eek!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
FLO:
:) My Squadra is arriving tomorrow, :D My avowed intention is to fit it on Saturday and drive like a loon! eek! WOOF WOOF eek!
Don`t forget to fill up with super unleaded for the full effect :D

Btw it only takes about 10 min`s to fit so you should have lot`s of time to play wink :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eek! Due to fill up tomorrow anyway,will avoid my usual miserly instincts and reach for the Optimax pump. :D The wallet moths wont like it though...... frown

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Surprisingly it does`nt add that much to the cost of a full tank

And anyway the fun out ways the cost :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts