Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've said on more than one occasion that I'm not a fan of the styling on modern Alfas. So what did I just buy????????????????????

So doctor, am I normal?:nuts:

Attachments

·
Registered
40,603 Posts
I said the same thing...

My excuse is that the G is much better looking than the MiTo, and you cannot argue with the value for money you get.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
20,263 Posts
style isn't the only factor in buying a car. You don't have to like how a car looks to like how it drives :)

G

·
I've said on more than one occasion that I'm not a fan of the styling on modern Alfas. So what did I just buy????????????????????

So doctor, am I normal? :nuts:

No.

Your first drive definitely needs to be to the funny farm.

When they section you, please may I have the car? :thumbup:

·
Registered
40,603 Posts
style isn't the only factor in buying a car. You don't have to like how a car looks to like how it drives :)
It is a main factor though.

A similar aged Ford Focus drives better than a Giulietta, but looks awful in comparison.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts

So doctor, am I normal?:nuts:
I believe you know the answer to both questions:biglaugh:

Enjoy:thumbup:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
It is peculiar to all Alfa fans of all eras, it seems, to initially hate the current models until they've been around a while. Then the moaning starts about the next new model. We are an odd bunch.

·
Registered
40,603 Posts
It is peculiar to all Alfa fans of all eras, it seems, to initially hate the current models until they've been around a while. Then the moaning starts about the next new model. We are an odd bunch.
I like the Giulia, although I have never liked the MiTo, and wasn't keen on the Giulietta.

Maybe because the Giulia is a bit dated style wise? It certaily has a bit of BMW 3 series from the mid noughties about it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I love the styling of the Giulietta, to my eyes it is a stunning looking car. What else in its class looks better? Focus? Astra? Golf? 1-series? A-class? I don't think so......

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
This.

·
Registered
40,603 Posts
I never liked Diesels or the Giulietta much, but I bought a Giulietta Diesel.

Not that there is much wrong with it, but in hindsight I probably would have gone for the Petrol as since buying it I have started doing less miles.

Still it is costing me £20 per week in fuel where the Petrol would probably cost about £30 per week, and the tax and insurance are cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Never liked the Giulietta all that much myself to begin with (except the rear three-quarter view, always liked that), and told myself I'd never get one :). It sort of grew on me without really noticing til one day I went and arranged a test drive. And now I'm a year into Giuli ownership... :).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts