Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbs:
Went to see Alvin and his band last night.
He's nearly 70 and rocked for nearly 2 hours.
He was fantastic. Great band too.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I went to see him when I was 9 :lol: he wasn't 70 then :eek: :lol:

Anyone from Brum remember the Cresta Club next to Solihull Ice Rink? They used to do children's caberet on a Saturday morning and I saw Alvin then. It was great, but all I can really remember is that my mom made me wear a long yellow skirt with penny farthings on it and everyone else was wearing jeans. I was so uncool :lol:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Remember him as 'Shane Fenton' in the 60's, then Alvin Stardust in the early 70's, we have seen him in 'Godspell' at the Alexandra Theatre in Brum in the 90's

Been to the 'Cresta Club' many times but never seen him there!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How was his coo ca choo?
'twas magnificent.
He played a lot of other peoples stuff too. With stories about the original writers or performers.

It was at Deal Welfare club. This was an old mining community club. Great, friendly atmosphere, cheap beer and only a tenner a ticket.

He looks very good for his age too. Still has bags of energy.

V

·
0 Posts
Every time I think of Alvin Stardust, I think of the ridiculous way he held his mic in front of his face with a black gloved hand, like it was withered or something, and the glove was there to stop you going eurgh :lol:.

The girls at the 70's discos all liked him because he looked...dangerous and menacing :rolleyes:.

He's actually very hardworking and professional, and an all-round good geezer. The persona he had in the 70's just made me larf though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he did the microphone thing in his 2nd set. (he plays acoustic guitar in the first set)
it was good to see him still doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts