Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an email back regarding the purchase of Alfastumper aluminium under-tray.

To qualify for a discount, we would need to purchase 20, which I think is pushing it. I have arranged an alternative.

I can get 5 sent to me, for £115 per tray, including postage. It would mean collecting from me in Southampton, or Autolusso in Bournemouth.

Shall we go ahead?

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
7,045 Posts
Before fitting one of these under trays be aware that they car rub though the oil cooler pipes, personally I don't like them as they don't fit very well and are horrible to fit and remove

They also break just like the original ones

Talking of not fitting well, the Wizard has made new down pipes to replace the horrible equal length one people have been fitting and they are lovely, I have some pictures I will post later :thumbs:

Ned

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I got mine from alfitsi, alfa stumper is the original I heard. Alfitsi copied and sold themselves. I did hear that the alfitsi one fitted better, mine gets whipped on and off with minimal fuss. The alfa stumper is meant to be a bit more troublesome to fit but maybe lighter ?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I dont use my aluminium tray anymore, the front of the tray sits too low to the ground and scraps on every speedbump.

As mentioned by Ned, because the tray is less flexible than the plastic one it can be difficult to fit initially and you need to be very careful that no hoses or pipes come into contact with the tray. You can fit rubber insulation pipe around any pipes which helps to protect them.

I would still use mine if it didnt scrape on speedbumps, the noise is far far worse than any plastic tray hitting a speedbump :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Heh, yeah they ring like a bell if you hit them at speed, scares the **** out of my passing pedestrians :evilgrin:

·
Registered
730 Posts
Before fitting one of these under trays be aware that they car rub though the oil cooler pipes, personally I don't like them as they don't fit very well and are horrible to fit and remove

They also break just like the original ones

Talking of not fitting well, the Wizard has made new down pipes to replace the horrible equal length one people have been fitting and they are lovely, I have some pictures I will post later :thumbs:

Ned
Would that be my pipes Ned?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I was up for one of these as mine didn't come with a under tray but unsure now as you guys arnt filling me with confidence

·
Vendor
45,831 Posts
R they equal length, or designed just to replace standard pipes that have had there days.
48" and 43" when measured from the point of collection on the manifolds through to the beginning of each bank's respective cat. We got as close as we could while trying to maintain full ground clearance for lowered vehicles. These are also 2.25" which perfectly matches the manifolds.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
They look the dogs, and match the quality of the cat back system, only prob is I have set of equals which I don't know what to do with.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
No ta. Plastic one is fine for all the reasons plus the guy that sells them is rude and has a poor attitude to members on here or did everyone forget the arguments he had telling us you couldn't tune high mileage cars before self deleting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got my ally tray from alfisti and has never touched anything and does not rub on any pipes and no fuss removing or fitting

1 - 20 of 64 Posts