Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it mean when this light comes on but the alternator is working okay?

Bloke at work's motor. The voltage across the battery is 14V with the engine running but the charge light just about glows. The more electrical load you bung on (lights, fan, wipers etc.) the brighter the light glows.

Otherwise everything is fine and the battery stays charged up, so it looks like it just THINKS there's a problem.

Ralf S.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd suggest that you have the regulator/rectifier checked

Andy_m

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree, the regulator is a fault it often happens on fiats and it rarely causes a flat battery.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had this recently, light glowing very faintly. Put it down to the belt slipping really bad, then it squeels which I take to mean the belt is trying to grip and the light goes out meaning the belt has gripped.

Best bit is when the squeel has gone and the light is out meaning all is well :D :D :D

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jimmybob should be called "Mystic Jim" from now on. The car is indeed a Fiat and there was no way he could possibly have known that!

I had a look in the Haynes manual for the car (Uno 55) and it looks like the regulator is part of the brush assembly, which is itself a servicable part, so it should be good news for the dude.

Ralf S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts