Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roller on my 1.9jtdm tensioner has a shot bearing, rather than buying whole thing am I right in thinking the roller is exactly the same as the other guide rollers so I can replace just that?

Also my air con is noisy no play or noises when rotating compressor by hand but there is no resistance,in fact it spins easier than the PAS pump so that’s knackered aswell.
Anyone got any sources for a cheap replacement compressor?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Just thinking would a vauxhall or Saab be the same if it is from z19dth engine??
No, not all of them are, but the correct one isnt expensive and if it does fit other models if you get it from somewhere like auto doc or mister autos it will be priced accordingly.
From what I remember when I changed the tensioners on my 1.9 it was around 20 quid.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for reply found a tensioner roller INA one for £18 it is same as the top guide roller that fits on engine mount the odd one is lower roller.

Saab comparison was more referring to A/C comp as the Saab variant is far cheaper than Alfa one. Different makes but mounting and pipe connection look identical.
Saab is sanden and Alfa is Valeo, my thinking was all the engines made in same place for all variants and I assume came out with ancillieries fitted regardless of what they went in. So based on that I was thinking the figment is the same and all marques could have either make on them??

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,458 Posts
A.c. pulley won't have any resistance on it...at least not until it's electronic clutch is engaged...so that is not your problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts