Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had to replace the passenger side washer jet on my car again. This time two of the jets decided to wash the moon while the other two were aimed correctly. I assume it was due to grit or grot.

Now, a while vs k I picked up some Citroen C1 fan jet nozzles which I frankensteined onto 156 bases. The thing was no glue would hold the two parts together. Which was a shame as the result was really good.

Therefore, are there any alternative washer jet systems that fit the 156s holes, and give a pleasing fan effect? Or at least don't have the crappy design that is lacking individual adjustment and is rubbish?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have just had to replace the passenger side washer jet on my car again. This time two of the jets decided to wash the moon while the other two were aimed correctly. I assume it was due to grit or grot.

Now, a while vs k I picked up some Citroen C1 fan jet nozzles which I frankensteined onto 156 bases. The thing was no glue would hold the two parts together. Which was a shame as the result was really good.

Therefore, are there any alternative washer jet systems that fit the 156s holes, and give a pleasing fan effect? Or at least don't have the crappy design that is lacking individual adjustment and is rubbish?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Mito so im told,im sure it was mentioned recently in the "What have you done to your GTA today" thread.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Mito so im told,im sure it was mentioned recently in the "What have you done to your GTA today" thread.
It was. 147 only :(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Tbh the washers are so cheap from alfa I'd just buy new ones :lol:

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
You should try the washer jets on the 155 which I had, more a less useless!! Your have to hope it rains but then you have the issue with the ****ty wipers :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
You should try the washer jets on the 155 which I had, more a less useless!! Your have to hope it rains but then you have the issue with the ****ty wipers :lol:
Always worked fine on my 155 :D

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
My GT washers were full of gunk and not working. I had a set of brand new 156 washers from when I had the GTA back in 2008 and so I have fitted them for my trip to italy. I'm fitting the mito ones on my return so if you want them for a fiver you can have them. They work perfectly! :)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It' the heating element that is important andy. Our cars don't have the wiring while 147 does.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It' the heating element that is important andy. Our cars don't have the wiring while 147 does.
They don't matter surely? Just don't bother plugging them in. That said, I'm sure a splice into the rear heated screen wiring could be done to get them working properly?

The hole is big on a 156. Few other fittings will fit the hole without falling through.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hopefully they'll be fine, My brother's Stilo has the same nozzles as my old standard 147 ones.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts