Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought an english car to replace alfie and it's very apparent that its current club demographic do not have the enthusiasm of the alfaowner membership, or so much money they don't DIY. If you could all club together and get me a Guilietta Cloverleaf I will return asap!!!!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
What did you buy?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Without trying to become Jeremy Clarkson I'm from Doncaster and I've got a Jag!! Admittedly its the overgrown Mondeo Xtype and what a nice place to be, magic carpet ride in total silence if you want! But on the other side of the dice a real head turning V6 sound on tap! But it's a very lonely forum no matter where you try compared to this one! Please send your donations to [email protected] and I will buy another Alfa asap! :)
If anyone has a spare 159 that needs running in/baby sitting I'm your man!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I had an X-Type diesel over a long weekend; as rhett71 says it was a nice place to be. It lacked the dynamic properties of my 156, I couldn't get over the "Mondeo" link and the satnav was pants.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My dad has got the 2008 xtype sovereign, again yes its a nice place to be, sat navigation couldn't find goodwood, I drove it home and it was nice, handles well but don't have the poke of my remapped 156jtdm ;)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi

We have a 2.5 X type as well as the 156.

Another vote for it to be a nice place to be. Great car to be a passenger in. Just it feels like you are a passenger when driving with slow steering, soft suspension, little feel in the brakes and a slow revving engine (which you need to rev hard to get decent progress).

And our 156 seems better made.

All the best

Keith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts