Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killing myself laughing here, MSN have done one their eternally carp "carticles" suggesting alternatives to top brand desirable vehicles, so if you hanker after an M5 their suggestion is a 540i, if you want your old 205GTi back then what about a 309 etc.

It's worth a quick blow over if you are bored but a little way through I encountered an Ewok.

....and MSN's suggestion for TaTa's new 'cheaper' motor....?

Brilliant cars and the bargain alternatives

:cheese:

·
Registered
37,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Funny, you can use a law of diminishing returns there too, can't afford a Cayman - have a BRZ, can't afford a GT86 - have a 944.

What do reckon is furthest from the mark, the 911 alternative?

·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,563 Posts
Am I reading this right?

"Can't afford a Veyron? A Passat Estate will do, instead"

What?

I also assume they've never driven a 540i. If so, they'd know the 535i is a much sweeter drive (esp the steering)

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Dusters are getting very popular around here:thumbup:

Are they the Lada and Skoda of yester year :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
If you really want a Ferrari 456 but can't afford one a Hyundai coupe will do ???? oh I need to mop up the old speckled hen I've spat out of my mouth and all over my dog, who is now looking at me like I'm a fool

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
If you really want a Ferrari 456 but can't afford one a Hyundai coupe will do ???? oh I need to mop up the old speckled hen I've spat out of my mouth and all over my dog, who is now looking at me like I'm a fool
The Hen or the dog?

It is all rather silly I think. I have seen a Hyundai Coupe advertised in Autotrader or Ebay in Ferrari red. I think it may have had stickers on too.
Must be something in it right? :D

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
The Hen or the dog?

It is all rather silly I think. I have seen a Hyundai Coupe advertised in Autotrader or Ebay in Ferrari red. I think it may have had stickers on too.
Must be something in it right? :D

I remember seeing a 147 once in similar livery ....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts