Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Many years ago I belonged to the AA and subscription was paid automatically by credit card. I was surprised to receive a call from the AA stating my membership had lapsed, so I asked “if I paid by debit card would my membership continue as if no lapse had occurred?”. I was assured it would be as normal. On checking my credit card statement the automatic payment had been processed by the AA.
At that time the AA was part of Centrica and was about to go public and I was due for a payment of about £220. Imagine my dismay when I received a letter from the AA saying as my membership had lapsed i was not eligible for the payment. This on a letter that appeared to be a photocopy, of a photocopy, of a photocopy of the original. So if only 1 000 of these letters were sent the AA/Centrica saved £220 000.
Nothing I could present, including copies of my credit card statement, would sway them. Therefore I have nothing to do with the AA, and I delight in telling this loudly to any AA representative that stops me and asks if I want to join, also I cancelled my British Gas (part of Centrica) account. Over the years they have lost more than £220 from me as a result.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
£39.20 for Green Flag Rescue, which kicks in one quarter of a mile from home. I should probably shop around but can't be bothered.

My usual insurance principle applies: insure against a disaster you really want to avoid, in this case being stranded with family members miles from home. Do not insure to save money - you won't. If I need to hire a car then I'll do it myself once rescued.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts