Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm after some advice, my wife and myself have been in the AA for Breakdown + Parts and Labour cover for many years, in the past 4 years their renewal are rediculous. We are looking at £388 for annual cover with them monthly. Every year we ring then to get the price down as its normally up by at least £120
I have found an alternate company that gives free parts and labour cover, they are ETA Breakdown cover, the cost is much less.

The last time we used AA Parts and Labour cover was when our Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting alternator went it was replaced with us only paying £35 Excess, the cost of the claim was £485!
Has anyone been using them and any experiences.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Get just roadside and maybe homestart from AA to keep your loyalty discount. Then save the £300 left over in case you need something like brake pads or tyres. If you don't over the twelve months then, boom, weekend away!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Phone up AA customer services tell them it's too much, threaten to leave. If they don't come back with a significantly improved offer go look at the RAC and Greenflag for cover. That is a ridiculous price for breakdown cover, they want you to pay more for breakdown than I pay for comp insurance and breakdown combined !

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you must have parts and labour cover too then surely shopping around will see it drop like a stone

Didn't know breakdown cover could be that expensive !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you must have parts and labour cover too then surely shopping around will see it drop like a stone

Didn't know breakdown cover could be that expensive !
Hi, update on the AA, I checked the same cover for new customers online is £32pm. Our renewal was nearly £40. I rung them up and got the renewal down to £29pm. So okay with that. They are very sly as they sent the renewal early February! The renewal date is 25th April so most people will wait until renewal date to sort it out. Still pricy but we have peace of mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts