Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys does anyone know of anyone who might have an alquati inlet manifold for the early heads so i can convert my series 2 to twin carbs? iv been looking for one for a couple of yrs now.. i went to bid on one the other day and my gf pc froze as i was about to bid, needless to say it nearly went out the window lol

i see that farmer denzil bought one a few yrs back, do anyone know him?

col

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
We used to use these all the time in the late70's ,early 80's when twin carb heads werent easily available,but why do you want to use one nowdays?:)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
how much do you want for it sprint? and how much to ship to the UK?

the one on german ebay went for 12 euro earlier this week :rant:

regards col

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do have one sitting in the garage but I'm not sure I want to part with it just yet. Thinking of buying a Sud or Sprint later this year and will see what I end up with before deciding if it's needed or not.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i want to keep the car as original as possible, a modern set up in a series 2 just wont look right :tut:

its always been underpowered this sud, it only does 85mph and feels sluggish, the engine itself seems fine, i think maybe the twin choke is faulty!! so rather than spend good money on that to get 85hp i thought id go for a twin carb conversion as i already have the carbs which i know are in good order, and then ill have 95hp :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts