Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI folks

Anyone know what the adaptor is I require to connect my 9857R to the dash display? There is a refer to dealer in the owners manual, but the Alpine site has no product that I can see listed for this. I gather it also interfaces with the remote too, but doesn't use the 3.5mm jack, instead there is a small, approx 1cm diameter squared off, round 10 pin socket on a lead comes out the back of the head unit. I assume it connects to this. Anyone know about this??

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think the lead coming out the back is for iPod attachment - is it a blue plug?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
nah, it's a separate (but similar) plug for what Alpine call Vehicle Display Interface.

unfortunately, there is no interface on the market that is compatible with Alfa Romeos, so you cannot utilise this feature. this means you lose the radio display in the MultiFunction Display.

:)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
ah ok...........helpful not to have an interface for Alfa when Alpine even make OEM units for them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right head unit now installed. However Alfa in their wisdom have not provided a switched live in the GT loom . . . . . . . but there was in the 156 . . .. . . .need to remember to switch off every time I park up now. Bit of an irritation really, not to say a bit bizarre.

However line fit speakers are majorly better than the crap that graced the doors of the 156. Not so much pressure to replace them at the moment I think. Wait until it gets warmer.

·
Premium Member
7,750 Posts
Right head unit now installed. However Alfa in their wisdom have not provided a switched live in the GT loom . . . . . . .
That's a known fact.... Most people add a switched +12 from f.i. the cigarette lighter connection...

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Paint match onthe fascia plate. It's a Connects2 fascia and if I'm brutally honest the fit and finish leaves a bit to be desired.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts