Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone thinking of getting their rims refurbed? Just had my 7 hole 18"ers back from BJV Engineering. I went for a Black Chrome finish rather than the standard silver. BJV did a great job and turned them around in less than 7 days. Take a look at the attached pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, If you call BJV direct they will charge you trade price (Price stated on the website includes VAT). Standard silver finish is £140 set. Black Chrome as pictures is £180.00. They will completely strip the wheels back to bare ali, ali weld where neccessary and do a total wheel paint job. Hope this helps...Tj

·
Registered
325 Posts
Had mine done at Laptab in Brum - they were right though - said it wouldn't be long before I caught one again....doh!!:cry:
Ain't they a bugger to keep clean though?!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Very nice birthday pressie from a very nice wife then? Lucky man, and the wheels look great, beyond all doubt.Money well spent.:):

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
BJV did a great job and turned them around in less than 7 days. Take a look at the attached pics...
Glad you had a good result with them.

For balance, that company made a mess of refurbing my split-rims, and sent them back without bolting the two pieces back together properly again. :rolleyes:

These pictures are after the refurb...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appreciate the feedback, i guess they're a bit hit and miss then. Your splits look terrific though...

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Looks like a good job and a good price. Out of interest was it a full tyres off job or just the face?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took the wheels in without tyres fitted. However, BJV will remove and re-fit your tyres if neccessary. They do make a small charge. Tj

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
They really look the dogs :thumbs:

"Black Chrome" you say? Mmmm :cool:

I'm about to have my 156 Ti rims done so very interested in the look.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Looks to be a good job:thumbs:

If the wheels ain't right the car ain't right

Can I recomend you seal them before the bad weather. buy some jetseal 109, apply 2 coats. They will stay cleaner longer as well

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you like the finish. I was in two minds whether to go for the original silver or something a little more individual. Well, Black Chrome it was and I am very pleased with the outcome. Thanks for the tip on getting them sealed...I had not considered this but it sounds good advice. For info.. I fitted all new Neuton P6000 tyres 235/45/18 XL. Will keep you posted as to how they perform. So far so good in all weather conds. Tj

·
Registered
831 Posts
Are they powder coated of chrome plated?
I found that shade called "smoked chrome", black chrome being really black with chrome-ish reflections. (something like this http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/59/58502/wt21bcv_b.jpg )

I was thinking about doing the same stuff with my 7 hole winter alloys (got some nasty scratches on them) but going for a much darker shade, like proper black. even found some guys over here that just started a chrome plating shop and they have promotional prices - 200 euros for chroming all 4 rims.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts