Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to keep burbling on about them but I've found a couple of options...

1. TSW Reflex's, (Chunky triangular 5 spokes)17's 3 new yoko's 1 part worn falken, 40/205/17 off a Renault Megane, (should be pcd 100, Et 35-38 and centrebore 60) Very close to home!

Does it matter if the centre bore is bigger???
Would I have to change the inset rings??
Are varibolts expensive?
(i'd probably get two tyres to even things up and leave a spare)

OR

2. TSW Imola's, (multispokes)17's, 50/205/17 Yoko's off a 145 Cloverleaf, Huddersfield :(

I assume these would fit straight on?
What about the tyre size??

From reading previous posts I'm pretty sure the Reflex's would be ok and are my preferred choice but I'd appreciate confirmation! :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thompa, you will need to get the correct spigot rings for the car wheel combination as the hub is supposed to take the weight of the car not the wheel bolts and if you have a look at Trackstore.co.uk they do Wheel bolts and washers to offset the change in PCD, but you should be able to get the Varibolts from any alloy wheel stockist. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
205/50x17 will more than likely scrape your arches. 205/40x17 are the correct size tyres.

TSW do a 4x98 PCD fitment. It seems bizarre to stick 4x100 PCD and vari-bolts on your ship. :confused:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ralf S. said:
205/50x17 will more than likely scrape your arches. 205/40x17 are the correct size tyres.

TSW do a 4x98 PCD fitment. It seems bizarre to stick 4x100 PCD and vari-bolts on your ship. :confused:

Ralf S.
Thanks guys!

In an ideal world I'd agree with you. But getting the combination of a set of second hand alloys that I like, in good condition with tyres, for a decent price and in Newcastle isn't too easy.

By the time i've bought the new spigots and vari-bolts i'm expecting to pay under £275 for a 12 month old alloys rather than the £7-900 if I was buying new.

Basically my bank account rivals Rwanda's national debt but I can't stop buying toys for my baby :rolleyes: :D so I may as well try to buy on a budget!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts