Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently retro fitted alfa 75 calipers to my 1974 GTV bertone coupe.

The car has original wheels on, which are 14"x5.5 I wanted to fit new alloy wheels to clear the calipers and am concerned about doing it very tastefully. I quite like the Oz Super Turismo. If I fit a 14", what is the tollerance between ofsetts if the original is ET 23. If I fit 15" wheels would the ofsett be greater, like a 30-40 offsett.

Has anyone been down this road before and thinks I'm on a loosing battle and should just hand over 600 quid for GTA replicas (which I do like a lot) like everyone else.

Thanks Tom

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
should just hand over 600 quid for GTA replicas (which I do like a lot) like everyone else.
Yes.
:D

I think you need to be very careful choosing a wheel that's not from the same period as the car. The GTA replica looks fantastic, but Minilite replicas and the later 5 spoke Cromodoras look good too. I can't help but feel that the OZs will look a bit modern.

I'll have a look at what offset my GTA replicas are tonight and then that will give you a clue.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I'll have a look at what offset my GTA replicas are tonight and then that will give you a clue.
Well, I looked, but I thought they were stamped on the outside of the wheel and they aren't - it's on the inside! I didn't get chance to take a wheel off. Sorry.
:eek:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for having a look anyway....

I have butchered a picture together with the wholly unsophisticated 'windows paint' on my work computer of a Bert coupe with OZ wheels on.

Would like feedback
i - Amazing
ii - good
iii - ok
iv - dislike
v - makes me want to be sick its so unoriginal

Attachments

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I'd give it an intense iv.
:D

I have no problems with unoriginality, but I just think mods need to be in keeping. Are the OZs that much cheaper than GTAs?

For instance, these are advertised on the Alfaholics site...
"4x 6x14 Alfaholics Strada wheels plus Yokohama Advan 195x60x14 tyres - Ideal track day/race etc. mint - £450 "

Top advert.... Alfaholics Second hand parts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Na don't like them either, keep it period as Rick says. Unless you are lucky enough to come across some second hand one's there is little choice but to fork out £400.00 or more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts