Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Please help.

I have been informed that you can buy bolts for Alloy wheels which allow you to run a 100mmPCD alloy wheel on a 155's 98mm PCD hub.

Does anybody have any info on this?

It would make the difference between a set of 15" pepperpots and a set of 17" TSW Imolas.

Cheers for any advice and/or direction of enquiry.

Andy

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

ive got 17"wheels on mine which are 100 PCD with the varibolts and ive had no problems.
you can get them from any alloy wheel shop. :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have wobbley bolts on mine too ,they are from wheelmania in Birmingham

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mines wobbly too!! Had them for about 3 years now. Use the satndard Alfa Locker as I've yet to find a wobbly one!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must just be round here that they are a new idea.

I tried my local Halford/Ripspeed and the guy informed me that if the wheels didn't line up it was impossible to get anything to solve the problem!
Local alloy wheel dealer said the same. Oh the joy of living in the fens!

On the note of the locking bolt, how do you get the wheel to sit straigh on the hub, it must be out to one side to get the locking, straight bolt in? Help. I don't really understand how these little chaps work!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think the bolt shank is wasted and it then has a washer that is too big for the bolt so when you put it in the washer moves over and fills the gap..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clever bit of kit then.

This site may be of interest to anybody else looking for obscure car stuff/trackday kit. trackstore

Found Varibolts here. £1.20 each.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard on the grapevine that Momo have ceased producing 4x98mm wheel fitments now and they must be using a smililar method...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I managedto get a set of these bolts. They are from a firm called trackstore. They have a site at

trackstore website

A set of 16 cost me a whisker over £25 including packaging.

The 17" Imolas will be going on soon! Hooray.
Just need to buy tyres now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts