Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
it should be ok. for a 7" wide wheel, +30mm offset would be the lowest i'd go; ideally, more like +35mm.

so there will be a small risk of 'rubbing' the outer edge of the tyre on 'full lock', especially with the suspension partly compressed. eg: turning into a steepish driveway.

might be a chance of rubbing the rear tyre outer edge if you have 3 passengers and luggage.

ensure the tyres are the appropriate size, and the chances are smaller (rather than an oversized tyre).

overall, i cannot be 100% confident of having no rub. but for normal driving (straight ahead, normal cornering), there should be no probs.

:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:
it should be ok. for a 7" wide wheel, +30mm offset would be the lowest i'd go; ideally, more like +35mm.

so there will be a small risk of 'rubbing' the outer edge of the tyre on 'full lock', especially with the suspension partly compressed. eg: turning into a steepish driveway.

might be a chance of rubbing the rear tyre outer edge if you have 3 passengers and luggage.

ensure the tyres are the appropriate size, and the chances are smaller (rather than an oversized tyre).

overall, i cannot be 100% confident of having no rub. but for normal driving (straight ahead, normal cornering), there should be no probs.

:)
Cheers mate :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts