Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please just confirm the information i should be armed with for buying after market alloy wheels for my phase 2 V6. Read various threads but just want to be absolutley sure i'm ordering correct size, fitment and anything else you guys think i should know.

Cheers all

Simon :)

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
PCD is 5x98mm
Offset is 30.5mm

Standard wheel is either 16" 6.5J or 17" 7.5J ( some markets also had a 15" steel option - not UK ).

Tyre sizes are 16x205x50 or 17x225x45

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
not ALL after market alloys fit over the brembo brakes on the V6.............................. its more than just offset you need to be considering

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info !! It confirmed what i thought, but better to be sure. Planning on goin bigger 18" or 19" !!!! so the brakes should'nt be a problem - its pot holes i'm worried about !!

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I wouldn't put 19" on! they will be more hassle than they are worth. 17" ideally but 18" with niggles will work. 19" will be attractive to look at but awful to live with.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'd be amazed at how much 18/19" ruins the ride quality! Trust me, 17's with 225/45/17 tyres are the best option! Unless you fork out for Bilstein/Konis.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I currently have 18's on mine, comfort is totally fine with 40' profile tyres on, it is however on standard shocks & springs, You'll feel pot holes etc but generally on motorways it's a lovely drive, just make sure the tyres are a soft compound, not the cheap rigid stuff you get online!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for info and opinions, the car is now a weekend privilege so not to bothered with ride quality, spotted a thread on here a couple of weeks ago about some 19" BBS CH alloys and just can't get it out my head !! the car recently had all new standard shocks and springs so will have to see if it sits right before deciding if lower springs are required, and dave don't worry it'll have top quality rubber - why people cut corners on the one and only thing that conects you with road is beyond me ( also went on a Goodyear info day a couple of years ago and you'd be gobsmacked at the differences between brandad tyres and budget rubbish !! )

Cheers all
Simon

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I currently have 18's on mine, comfort is totally fine with 40' profile tyres on, it is however on standard shocks & springs, You'll feel pot holes etc but generally on motorways it's a lovely drive, just make sure the tyres are a soft compound, not the cheap rigid stuff you get online!
Agreed. My 18" GT Blackline wheels look lovely and the ride is great for cruising the motorways.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have 18's on mine and think they are the max for the car as any bigger would be:
A: uncomfortable
B: Rub on depression

As others have said the Brembo on 305's are the biggest issue and you may be best off calculating for a spacer when ordering. on the GTV you would probably want a 10-12mm hubcentric on the front and a 15mm on the back. aim to have 2-3mm of space between the wheel inner face and the caliper

1 - 13 of 13 Posts