Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a set of 2nd hand alloys for use on winter tyres, but I'd like to tidy up the kerbing marks before I use them. Can anyone recommend an alloy repair kit for this? Amazon and eBay both offer such kits.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'd personally not be happy with a DIY home repair you can get them powder coated back to brand new finish for around £30 a wheel or I had a mobile smart repairer redo my kernel wheels on my old car ready for selling and they looked as good as new.

However with mobile repairs and DIY kits the finish is not as durable and if you use acidic wheel cleaners it will fetch the lacquer off straight away.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd personally not be happy with a DIY home repair you can get them powder coated back to brand new finish for around £30 a wheel or I had a mobile smart repairer redo my kernel wheels on my old car ready for selling and they looked as good as new.

However with mobile repairs and DIY kits the finish is not as durable and if you use acidic wheel cleaners it will fetch the lacquer off straight away.

Powder coat? What is that? Are the wheels powder coated when they leave the factory?
£30 seems very reasonable. I thought a typical price would be double that.
As for the lacquer - would this be less resistant to acid than factory applied lacquer? (I don't use acid wheel cleaner anyway).

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts