Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I'm looking for an alloy replacement gearknob and handbrake handle set for my GTV Phase 2 and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Also, as the gear lever is soooooo long I was wondering if anyone had ever cut it down? I imagine this would mean losing the reverse lockout lifty thing, but I would be careful. It would also mean I'm not restricted to lift-reverse only knobs.

As I'm replacing both I might as well get a co-ordinated set (if such a thing exists) and ideally not one that costs me a fortune. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone
James :)

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
i think there are a few threads on this if you do a search? just ignore the knob and shaft jokes (you know who you are :lol: )

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol - yea I tried a search but not much came up - particularly for the handbrake handle, and nothing specific to the GTV handbrake handle wise...

James

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
hey littledigger! wondered howlong it would be before you joined another 'knob' thread :lol: mine is all done now and i'm loving it! cheers for the advice :thumbs:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the link - although I kinda forgot what I was looking for I was laughing so much at all the knob length / pulling jokes! :lol

However, if you do cut the shifter length (notice I didn't use the word shaft :lol:) can you still use the reverse lift mech or do you dispose of that?

James

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
tbh mate, i have a twinny so can't really help on the reverse lift front, but i am sure there will be a way around it somehow........ good luck mate, and if you do get it done, please post the method on here for anyone else who is tempted to play with their knob :lol: you might get immortalised in a sticky, although not too sure sticky is the best word in a knob and shaft thread........:cheese:

L

·
0 Posts
tbh mate, i have a twinny so can't really help on the reverse lift front, but i am sure there will be a way around it somehow........ good luck mate, and if you do get it done, please post the method on here for anyone else who is tempted to play with their knob :lol: you might get immortalised in a sticky, although not too sure sticky is the best word in a knob and shaft thread........:cheese:
:cheese::lol::cheese::lol::cheese::lol::cheese::lol:

D

·
0 Posts
hey littledigger! wondered howlong it would be before you joined another 'knob' thread :lol: mine is all done now and i'm loving it! cheers for the advice :thumbs:
lee, we all know how much you love the knob:cheese:

D

·
0 Posts
wheres little digger, he always pops up when the conversation turns to 'knob' :cheese:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts