Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used them on here, any good? They're coming in the cheapest for me on confused.com at £544

Just got my renewal through from Adrian Flux which made me laugh out loud - up to £826 from £510 last year:lol: :lol: :cheese: needless to say i've told them to go forth and **** themselves. I've been looking for an excuse to ditch Flux anyway - their customer service is an absolute shambles, they addressed my renewal documents to my wife (data protection act, anyone?) tried to charge £25 for insuring a 1.2 Punto courtesy car for a day, and now decide my premium is going up by 62% just because i made a claim last year even though I had protected NCD

I've been with them for 2 years and they've been pretty poor from start to finish tbh. If I was Ian I'd think very carefully about whether he wants AO to be associated with such a company

·
Registered
689 Posts
and now decide my premium is going up by 62% just because i made a claim last year even though I had protected NCD
Of course the premium is going up you've made a claim...protected NCD of not. You still get the 65% (?) discount but you have to remember that the base quote (before the NCD discount) will have increased due to said claim.

It's amazing how many people don't realise how insurance works.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course the premium is going up you've made a claim...protected NCD of not. You still get the 65% (?) discount but you have to remember that the base quote (before the NCD discount) will have increased due to said claim.

It's amazing how many people don't realise how insurance works.
of course i realise that matt, but 62%???:eek: :eek: :eek:

i'm 36, clean licence, 6 years NCD, in a sedate job, average mileage, car kept on drive and it's an affluent area (albeit on the outskirts of crime city). £500 is indeed a lot, but £826 is just taking the p*ss

·
Administrator
45,777 Posts
Hey Al, would you like me to tell you how much my insurance on the GTA is? (Tip: you really don't) ;)

Give privilege a try, no guaranteeing they'll be good for you, but they've given me competitive quotes the last three years, and their customer service has been excellent too (including giving Mrs Bazza 5 years NCD from the start because I already had a policy with them)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Al, would you like me to tell you how much my insurance on the GTA is? (Tip: you really don't) ;)

Give privilege a try, no guaranteeing they'll be good for you, but they've given me competitive quotes the last three years, and their customer service has been excellent too (including giving Mrs Bazza 5 years NCD from the start because I already had a policy with them)
got a quote from them which was quite good actually, but still nearly £600 when i compared like for like with A&L. gonna try chris knott tomorrow and see what they can come up with.

anyway, go on - tell me what you pay on the gta. i'd move to cheshire tomorrow were it not for mrs al's roots being up here. maybe if i can show her how much money we'd save she might consider it:D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Have you tried Chris Knott, I've just had my renewal from them, and my insurance has gone down, :thumbs:

·
Administrator
45,777 Posts
About £450, God knows how little it'll be when I'm an old codger like you ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Try A-plan performance worked out very well with the porker...

Simes.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
When I moved into my new house my insurance doubled on my 146ti (due to the area)....................to £300 (31, 0 no claims but no points)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts