1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:

VERY

:mad:

Decided to replace the actuator on a mysterious sele problem i've been experiencing. I have changed a couple before but quite a while ago.

The top three bolts were quite tight but came off with a really firm tug then down to the one inside the actuator itself, i dropped the mount AS WARNED BY SEYMOUR BEAVER (a wise forum member) had a really good grip onit then apllied pressure then it flipping sliped :eek:.

I tried so many times to get something to fit it well enough but every time i thought I had it it slipped.

its now beyond salvaging IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO GET THE ACTUATOR OFF ? ? ?

IF ANYONE SUGGESTS AWAY AND IT WORKS ILL GIVE THEM 20 QUID SERIOUSLY.

L

·
0 Posts
you are referring to the 8mm hex headed bolt within the actuator itself?

what did you use when opening it? a good quailty 8mm socket type allen or a standard allen key?

If it were me I'd try to heat the head of the bolt & hammer a good quailty 8mm socket type allen drive into what left.

otherwises its a case of drilling off the head of the bolt.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are referring to the 8mm hex headed bolt within the actuator itself?

what did you use when opening it? a good quailty 8mm socket type allen or a standard allen key?

If it were me I'd try to heat the head of the bolt & hammer a good quailty 8mm socket type allen drive into what left.

otherwises its a case of drilling off the head of the bolt.
The drill is one of my 1st options in the morning, I just needed to calm down before i got that out because the mood I was in it could of really ended up in a huge mess.

L

·
0 Posts
be sure to drop the front gearbox mount & perhap open the top stabilier bracket too to allow the engine to tilt well forward. use a 10mm bit at a slow'ish speed with lots of WD40 to cool things down. you cna open the 12mm bung at the top of the actuator to gain access for spraying in fluid

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
be sure to drop the front gearbox mount & perhap open the top stabilier bracket too to allow the engine to tilt well forward. use a 10mm bit at a slow'ish speed with lots of WD40 to cool things down. you cna open the 12mm bung at the top of the actuator to gain access for spraying in fluid

Good stuff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts