Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, 2 weeks with my 156 and all was good until this morning when I wound the passenger window down. On the way back up the glass rotated forward and popped out of the frame. I managed to lower it and take it back an inch at a time while pulling the glass upright.
Called Veloces (bought the car from them) and spoke to Martin and they will have a look at it next Monday (my work/holiday means its the first opportunity).
My guess is that it the glass has come away from the mechanism, if so I imagine it's an easy fix. Any ideas?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try taking the door card of and have a look. There is a good thread, that ive used before in the 'how to' section that explains the steps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try taking the door card of and have a look. There is a good thread, that ive used before in the 'how to' section that explains the steps.
I would normally DIY however as I only bought it 2 weeks ago I would hope that the dealer would repair it either under the 3 month warranty or as a gesture of goodwill..... we wil see :confused:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Clearly windows are not meant to fall off - ever, they shouldn't have a choice.

It is not like a damaged tyre or chipped windscreen etc.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, pleased to say that the glass is fixed now and I'm happy with the service that I received from Veloces. The guide pin that is attached to the rear part of the glass near the top had broken allowing the glass to tip forward when the glass was raised. According to Dino, it comes with the glass however he was able to remove one from anothe spare door and fix it to mine without having to replace the window or cost (to them or me!). All seems fine now so a big thanks to Paul, Martin and Dino at Veloces. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts