Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place for me to get my wheel alignment sorted??
Most tyre fitting places have pretty primitive pieces of kit

G

·
0 Posts
From all the threads on here and piston heads this is the place to go .
I live in hove and don't know anyone local who has this equipment :(

S

·
0 Posts
Go here
http://www.alignmycar.co.uk/
You need a garage that know what they are doing. The top end Hunter alignment kit costs a fortune. Full 4 wheel alignment costs about £50+ but gets good results.

My CMax went from average of 25mpg to 28 which given its doing exactly the same short, stop start journeys all the time is a big improvement. Alignment was miles out, but regular garage tracking showed it as okay. The adjustments available on the proper equipment are worth the money in handling, economy and tyre life fronts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go here
Align My Car
You need a garage that know what they are doing. The top end Hunter alignment kit costs a fortune. Full 4 wheel alignment costs about £50+ but gets good results.

My CMax went from average of 25mpg to 28 which given its doing exactly the same short, stop start journeys all the time is a big improvement. Alignment was miles out, but regular garage tracking showed it as okay. The adjustments available on the proper equipment are worth the money in handling, economy and tyre life fronts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
that was exactly what i was looking for but none within 50 miles of me

G

·
0 Posts
Worthing is the nearest I could find with the proper kit not to far from Brighton and only three mins walk from Worthing train station . You could leave it there get train to hove / Brighton ! ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Not sure what ats use but it's big hefty wireless stuff.

At 80mph my computer mpg has gone from about 39 to 46mpg or over (my console mpg is quite accurate compared to manual calculations) but even if not it's still a reasonable indication.

They kit used measures to two decimal places.

Sure it depends on local staff but guy I got was great, ran off ramp used steering a bit and ran on and re-checked etc.)

Usually £49 it's 31 at moment (if they need to adjust) and I think a little more if back needs adjusted but back on mine were very close to perfect.

John

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the proper gear and as mr-mac says it very much depends on who does it. Phone your branch and ask what system they have :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
My branch even has a computer screen in waiting room showing the figures. Though I'm always happier outside with ciggy as you get to see how\what they are doing (guy was quite chatty as well).

G

·
0 Posts
My branch even has a computer screen in waiting room showing the figures. Though I'm always happier outside with ciggy as you get to see how\what they are doing (guy was quite chatty as well).
+1:thumbs: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts