Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,

I'm getting 4 new tyres and 4 wheel realignment done this afternoon, I have look through the whole alignment thread but cannot fathom all those numbers and what they mean!

Could would somebody be kind enough to give me some figures to give to the tyre guys?

Its a 2007 2.2 Spider with 235/45/18 tyres.

Grazie

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Its simple.

Set the front to zero/parallel and the rears to standard.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
No, he may say the manufacturer says its "xyz" but stick to your guns. There may also be a disclaimer on your invoice saying " set to clients spec"!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right.... So I've got the Spider back and have 4 nice new Kumho Sports. HOWEVER, they said that they had some problems getting my alloys to fit the machine, because of the multi spokes. They set the front to 0 and the rear to the manufacture's setting. Only problem is, the steering wheel is slight off to the right when driving in a straight line. Also by setting it to 0 will it make the steering feel less... connected?

I cant complain too much, they did it for free. But I think I need to take it to a proper professional place.

Tips and advice much appreciated!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Zero kills the steering. Get a proper set up by someone who knows what they are doing.

Personally, I'd drive to Protyre in Warwick & get Peter Cambridge on the case. My car drives great & tyres last 20k, even with track days :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zero kills the steering. Get a proper set up by someone who knows what they are doing.

Personally, I'd drive to Protyre in Warwick & get Peter Cambridge on the case. My car drives great & tyres last 20k, even with track days :)
SR, that is exactly what I'm doing. My dad lives in Kineton so I'll go and visit him and get the Spider sorted with Peter.

Thanks by the way, I contacted him after reading about your visit!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Pete is a good chap. The rear setting brings the front in to play. It's money well spent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts