Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
23,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know that I have started to collect classic Webley air pistols - the same basic design since 1924. I have recently been buying the more modern versions - 1977 to 2006 when the original firm folded.

My latest acquisition is an original Typhoon - only made for two years. A very good example in original box complete with instructions - quite rare (first image).

The pistol itself is basic (image 2).

It comes with an extension for a telescopic sight (image 3).

Sight fitted (image 4).

My point? - it struck me as I was setting it up that image 3 reminded me of something - then it hit me (image 5).

I guess the film "Alien" was contemporary with the design - on purpose or subliminal?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
A pistol with a telescopic sight... :confused:

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Do their "shortish" range merit the use of a telescopic sight??

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Good english make. I had a webley tempest, probably still do have it somewhere buried in the garage!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
got one of these to. It's a gas bottle job but is a semi automatic holds 15 BB's and is fairly powerful. Although I kind of got it and never really used it!
Boys and their toys :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
i had a webly tempest as a kid along with a gat and a diana the tempest was by far the best made, heaviest and looked most like a real gun

·
Administrator
23,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sad I know but I now have a Junior (1950's), Premier (1960's),Typhoon (1978) and a Tempest - probably mid 1990's. I am waiting for a Hurricane plus some more older stuff.

Typical of me - one day I had a sudden remembrance of the Junior I had in my teens (40 years ago) found a local guy who operates from a market stall and bought one. That set me off on a Webley quest which, I am sure will burn itself out in time. I just appreciate the engineering and basic simple design - I can now strip, tune, clean and rebuild them.

I also have an air rifle (SMK XS20), bought for rat killing and a CO2 pistol - Colt 1911, just good fun.

K - so I've become a redneck I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts