Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been talking to Alfisti about a possible group buy of their 305mm to 330mm Brembo Package.

We can offer this kit for you for 1.080,- Euro (normal price 1.199,- Euro).

This price includes:
2 x red 330mm Brembo brakecalipers including mountingkit
2 x Brembo GT drilled tempered discs
2 x stainless steel brakepipes
1 set EBC Yellowstuf brakepads
Shippingcosts UK

These kit will fit on all Alfa Romeo that was biuld with 305mm brakessystem from factory default. Means Alfa 156, 147, GT and GTV/916.

This bundle is available to anyone who is interested. Just get in touch with Alfisti to organise it.

Just for comparisons, UK suppliers such as EB Spares come with standard discs and pads for a similar price.

€86.26 = £100 at the moment including Visa exchange fees.

So £931 delivered.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Just something to think about, I assume the Alfisti kit is not the same kit as provided by Alfa for the 330 brake setup?

It does say on their site 8x17" or bigger wheels required, do you know if the kit fits the 17" GTA and GTV wheels?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the same kit as supplied by Alfa Romeo so the same wheel dimension requirements will apply. I guess the 17" teledials will fit as per the original Alfa exchange scheme so only early multispokes will have a problem. A set of 5 or 10mm spacer will sort any issues. If in doubt email Alfisti via their website. Here is the link to the product page.

Alfisti 330mm kit

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Yeah I looked at that page and I always thought Alfisti used a generic Brembo caliper instead of the Alfa specific calipers which is why I'd check first with Alfisti.

Using a spacer kit would also add considerably to the price.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't see what the difference would be? Both will be Brembo 4 pot calipers which fit a 330mm x32mm disc and use GTA size pads. They may not come with Alfa Romeo script stickers, but otherwise, what's the difference?

As to spacers, 5mm spacers are only maybe £15-20 a set.

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
Yeah I looked at that page and I always thought Alfisti used a generic Brembo caliper instead of the Alfa specific calipers which is why I'd check first with Alfisti.

Using a spacer kit would also add considerably to the price.
Normally the brackets are silver not black, so maybe this isn't genuine Alfa bits. When we order in the kits we just order in complete replacement calipers for a GT 3.2 V6. They come in Alfa 'Ricambi' boxes with the silver brackets already bolted on.

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
Ksport do bigger brakes cheeper than Alfa or alfisti look here KSport
And they are very good too, however there are two issues; the mounting brackets supplied with the K-Sport big brake kits have 100mm hole centres to fit the hub carriers for 156/147/GT which have the 284mm single piston sliding caliper, rather than the hub carriers with 130mm hole centres for 156/147/GT fitted with 3.2 engines and use either the 305 or 330 Brembo 4-pot. I'm not sure if they do a different bracket, you'd have to ask. But its not on the website.

Second issue is that these are race-type calipers, they have no dust shields on the pistons. So they need regular stripping and cleaning otherwise you will get seized pistons.

But they are good calipers, excellent value for money, and because they are an old AP design there is a massive choice of pads available.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Don't see what the difference would be? Both will be Brembo 4 pot calipers which fit a 330mm x32mm disc and use GTA size pads. They may not come with Alfa Romeo script stickers, but otherwise, what's the difference?

As to spacers, 5mm spacers are only maybe £15-20 a set.
You're assuming that all Brembo calipers are the same size and thats not always the case but if they use GTA pads then I'm sure they will be pretty similar. Even the Alfa Brembos only fit certain GTA wheels. Anyway its not something I need but just advising to be careful before spending your cash.

For spacers you will also need a set of longer wheel bolts even for 5mm spacers, so spacers are not always as cheap as can first appear.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're assuming that all Brembo calipers are the same size and thats not always the case but if they use GTA pads then I'm sure they will be pretty similar. Even the Alfa Brembos only fit certain GTA wheels. Anyway its not something I need but just advising to be careful before spending your cash.

For spacers you will also need a set of longer wheel bolts even for 5mm spacers, so spacers are not always as cheap as can first appear.
I have asked Alfisti the questions raised so far and will post the reply when I get it.

The K Sport kit comes with the correct bracketry for GTAs, as long as that is what you specify when you order, checked with them at autosport international this year. Will give them a call and ask about the regular need to strip them too. Seems odd as I had a chat with one of their guys who was telling me that they supply their monster multi pot kits as a dealer upgrade for range rovers and Porsches in a number of main dealers. Wouldn't have thought that would have been the case if they need constant servicing?

·
Vendor
45,754 Posts
I have asked Alfisti the questions raised so far and will post the reply when I get it.

The K Sport kit comes with the correct bracketry for GTAs, as long as that is what you specify when you order, checked with them at autosport international this year. Will give them a call and ask about the regular need to strip them too. Seems odd as I had a chat with one of their guys who was telling me that they supply their monster multi pot kits as a dealer upgrade for range rovers and Porsches in a number of main dealers. Wouldn't have thought that would have been the case if they need constant servicing?
I saw them at Autosport as well, they do loads of different calipers, some with dust shields and some without. The 330mm 8 pot kit definitely doesn't have any, I know this because I have a set at home. You don't need to strip the calipers but I guess spraying them with brake/clutch cleaner might not be enough, but popping out the pads, cleaning inside the caliper and pushing the pistons back in would be fine.

They probably do more expensive calipers with dust shields for the Range Rovers/Porsches etc.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have a reply from Alfisti. Here it is

Of course these are the original Alfa Romeo calipers.
What do you think what kind of shop we are?
;-)

Original GTA Rims:
Attention! These teledails way produced in 2 series.
We are not 100% sure but we were told that the 1. series will not fit togehter with the 330mm system. But in our opinion also this 1. series teledails will fit with the 330mm system when using spacers with 5mm thickness.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Have a reply from Alfisti. Here it is

Of course these are the original Alfa Romeo calipers.
What do you think what kind of shop we are?
;-)
quality reply :lol:

If they showed a pic of the actual caliper kit they sell instead of just a generic caliper kit they would look like an even better shop :p

Anyway thats good to know :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
quality reply :lol:

If they showed a pic of the actual caliper kit they sell instead of just a generic caliper kit they would look like an even better shop :p

Anyway thats good to know :thumbs:
Absolutely. I once took thousands of pictures of products to get a website online. It was very well received because of the "actual" image of the products rather than those infuriating generic pictures or even worse "No image available" !! :rant:

:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been talking to Alfisti, going to order up a kit at the end of the month, anyone else interested, let them know and they will order in the calipers from Alfa for you too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All ordered. All in, cost was £917 delivered, that was a direct transfer from HSBC at their frankly shocking exchange rate! Need to add £9 for the international banking fee HSBC charges.

Now need to wait for a big heavy package to arrive.

To be honest, anyone who can get the current actual exchange rates will see there hasn't been a better time to buy from Europe in ages!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts