Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be controversial but here it is,mito and giulietta drivers are considered alfisti?
My car history being Alfa 33 1.3 boxer,164 2.0 v6 turbo,164 3.0 qv,giulietta qv.
So if you judge me just on being a G driver am I still an alfista?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Well for me, you don't even have to currently own an Alfa to be an Alfisti. Just prior ownership with fond memories, or an enthusiasm for the brand above others or it's history is enough. So if that's the case then yes, they certainly can.

The flip side is that there are plenty of Alfa owners who are not Alfisti, with no real knowledge or enthusiasm, who somehow have got an Alfa without feeling the passion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fair enough,I appreciate your reply! I just don't want to miss out on any "waves"!:) I just don't want the mito or giulietta to become "just another hatch"! Maybe I'm just paranoid about not having my long lost 33 anymore!;)

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
I'm in my fourth year of owning Alfas (3 to date). I see old and new and don't really get any acknowledgement or wave. I've stopped bothering unless I get waved at. Though that has not happened yet. Only passed a greeting on twice from what I recall. A few times at Italian car meets but that does not count.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Here is one Giulietta driver who will wave. Responses are generally non-existent whatever the model and I think there are non-Alfisti driving older models as well as Giuliettas and Mitos. After all they are so under valued as a make that it is one way of getting a daily driver by the non petrolhead.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very true,fair point,and to keep the faith alive I waved at a 147 from my GQV today and got a very friendly wave back! Made my day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts