Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to read something nice? Get yourself the August issue of Auto Italia. They have a nice article about 3 modified Alfetta GTV6's, of which one is a SA GTV6 3.0. Interesting to note also that they know of at least 7 of these cars currently in the UK. Kevin, wonder if your car is included?

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yes , mine was included . I was invited to this photo shoot with the guys but could not make it however I made up for it by going to the Ring and doing the Goodwood track day with them .
The chap in the article Alex is such a brilliant driver and they seriously hammer their GTV at the tracks .Im normally a nervous passenger but got used to being sideways lap after lap at 150km/h . swartkops is a pleasure compared to these tracks here as the run off here is slippery grass then an embankment . These are not just show cars , however they do spend four hours polishing them afterwards .
Their is a good deal on two genuine SA GTV 3.0 for sale with huge amount of spares . I will speak to owner later to put details up . One is a road registerd race car as well .

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If only I had a garage, I would have another in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes , mine was included . I was invited to this photo shoot with the guys but could not make it however I made up for it by going to the Ring and doing the Goodwood track day with them .
The chap in the article Alex is such a brilliant driver and they seriously hammer their GTV at the tracks .Im normally a nervous passenger but got used to being sideways lap after lap at 150km/h . swartkops is a pleasure compared to these tracks here as the run off here is slippery grass then an embankment . These are not just show cars , however they do spend four hours polishing them afterwards .
Their is a good deal on two genuine SA GTV 3.0 for sale with huge amount of spares . I will speak to owner later to put details up . One is a road registerd race car as well .
Kevin at Goodwood.... Brilliant old school track with fast flowing corners, except this 1 chicane.

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
Gotta keep the GP plates on as long as possible but I can get into trouble :)
Yeah , I did email Konrad yesterday who had both up for sale a few months back . We used to race together for 3years and his car was very reliable and strong 3.0 carbi motor . His spare motor is a newly put together 3.0 75 motor with the qv pistons . There were a few sets of compo rims , LS gearboxes , 28mm torsion bars , coil overs etc . We used todrive to Phakisa , race whole day and drive back our GTV 's and they did not miss a beat . I think we both lost our hearing as our cars were bare shells with roll cage inside . I also know he had the front of the car repainted again . Looks good . But his white 3.0 is still perfect with black pinstripe interior .

I will forward him this link as well .
The last time the car was on the track was at the Alfa trackday . Here is link of pic of car . Its the 3.0 with the dark grey front spoiler and no side trim .
http://www.racepics.co.za/alfa-track-day-2012/

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Want to read something nice? Get yourself the August issue of Auto Italia. They have a nice article about 3 modified Alfetta GTV6's, of which one is a SA GTV6 3.0. Interesting to note also that they know of at least 7 of these cars currently in the UK. Kevin, wonder if your car is included?
Not read this article yet, (I always save the best article until last) I have subscribed to this magazine since day one!
Here's me in my GTV6 around Donnington Park (didn't suit the car) and Silverstone full circuit (suited the car)

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
^^^^ lovely to see a GTV6 being driven in anger!

Alfetta's are certainly making a very big come back - watch the prices go north very rapidly. Recently saw two 70's restored Alfetta sedans advertised for £14k and £16k rspectively.

5 years ago you could not give a GTV6 away here in the UK - now good ones are 1) expensive and 2) few and far.

Must look harder before it is too late!!!:cool:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Here is part of the email Konrad sent me . You can pm me and I will forward you his address :
"
I have one red GTV6 3.0 race car that is registered in my name with the license up to date:
It has a original 3.0 litre carb motor. (I've recently sourced a spare set of carbs as well)
Race seat and roll cage fitted.
Fibre class doors and boot lid fitted- original doors also included.
Coil over shocks and thick anti roll-bar up front. (Thicker torsion bar fitted as well) Rear have stiffer springs fitted.
The Gear box and clutch is from an alfa 75. It is a limited slip diff unit and the bigger single plate clutch.
The brakes up front are six pot callipers (veri racing) made to fit under 15" compomotive split rims.
At the back there are ventilated inboard disks.
For the road I have a set of 16" momo mags fitted with road tyres.
For the the track I have 8 15" compomotive split rims fitted with bridgestone semi slicks.

I also have all pieces to assemble a second GTV6 3.0 litre and still have lots of spares left:

Alfa 75 12V 3.0 motor rebuilt with new sleeves and new pistons assembled by Alpine developments.
All the rubber hoses and radiator, new cooling fan to fit the motor.
Motronic MFI and all fuel injection pieces that that came with Alfa 75 as well as a Gotech MFI.
High performance Exhaust manifolds for a 12v 3.0litre.
White original GTV6 3.0 litre body with black pin stripe interior and long dash - this was bought from AK components.
Apart from the wheel arches that were bent to fit 17" wheels this body and trim is in pristine condition. It is currently sitting on GTV5 15" wheels with spare.
One new Limited slip diff gearbox with short ratios 10:43 that have been completely overhauled. (bought from Kevin)
One non LS gearbox and twin plate clutch that used to be fitted the my red race car. Ratios are longer than standard GTV6 but not as long as the 75 ratios.
One alfetta 159 gearbox and clutch - condition unknown.
Alfa 75 CVs and 2 GTV6 drive shafts and a spare de dion axle.
Numerous Spare brake callipers and disks for front and back.
Various other Alfa pieces including lights, instruments, bumpers, trim, control arms, springs, torsion bars, drive shaft cages, new caster arm bushes, starter motors, etc.
Stainless steel exhaust back and centre box.

To get the white car running basically the following is required:
New drive shaft couplings
Exhaust down pipes with flex couplings from manifolds to centre box

It is a reluctant sell but as mentioned rather than selling individual pieces I would want to sell everything at once.
I want a 100K for it all."

Pm me and I will forward to Konrad .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts