Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I popped over to Cheshire Alfa and he has some decent ones so im going to go back and cut the wing bottoms off, he's selling them at £50 each. I'm also going to cut a rear panel from a chrome bumper model so I can go bumper less.

I'm actually thinking about cutting the whole front off the good car and has posted this on my resto thread.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi all

I have a 1983 Alfetta body shell which I have stripped back to a bare shell and repaired all sections i.e. rear arches, repair panels to front wings, inner wings etc. The body is in fantastic condition with fibreglass rear valance section fitted, so can be run with no bumpers and GTV6 bonnet. The rear tailgate had next to no rot to start with, now that rare in itself. Has had a re spray in Rosso red, not going to win any concourse shows but if you want a shell to make concourse or a fantastic classic this is the shell.

The car has its front grille complete with lights etc and is immaculate, no cracks. The lower spoiler/splitter is fitted. All glass fitted and side trims etc.

Full interior, fishnet sport seat no rips etc and all dash etc looks superb. All wiring back in vehicle and a black fabric headlining in place, not perfect but much better than the original one it had.

Alfetta gearbox, prop and drive shafts included. Bumpers can be included if required and some other spares etc, leaving you pretty much only looking for an engine. I was going to fit a turbo one I have.

Brake servo, pedals etc fitted and car is a rolling shell with five stud conversion. All this car really needs is an engine, new brake/clutch/fuel lines etc to finish a very easy project.

Only selling due to a return to an old project and don't have time for everything, as much as I think I do!!

£1,000, it would cost a lot more than this to get the required welding done!

[email protected], I can supply photos on request.
picking this up saturday
:cool:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
give me something to do for a while nige

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
give me something to do for a while nige
:) That's true Daz !

Not done much on mine so far this year but with the promised fine weather coming up may get around to the annual deep clean. I look forward to that......... !

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

·
Banned
34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to let you all know, I have thousands of parts for GTV and GTV6. Currently in are 3 x GTV6's and 4 GTV 2.0's from 1976 to 1987. Complete GTV 2.0 and GTV6 for restoration too.
Feel free to add my link to post#1 cheshire-alfa.com
Cheers
Richard
Cheshire Alfa Ltd
075000 14074
www.cheshire-alfa.com

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Richard, new link added to Post #1.

The Link there before took me to a blank page but you are all up and working again !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,

Been lurking around here for ages but never posted anything until now. I thought I would let you all know that I have a sizeable stash of new old stock parts for Alfetta saloon/GT plus some Giulietta, all ex-dealer stock from the 1980s. Very little that is specific to the GTV6 - most of that has gone.

Not much in the way of seats or carpet etc, but things like seat belts, sun visors, instruments, switches, sensors, suspension parts, transmission gears and bearings, seals, engine parts, hoses, chassis repair sections, splash panels, hinges, many various fasteners and clips, rubber door and window seals, glass, door cards, door handles, window winders and mechanisms, steering wheels, wiper motors and arms, RHD headlights, rear lights, brake pads and some discs, driveshaft hubs and couplings, propshaft bits, Dellorto and Solex carbs for restoration, air boxes, hubcaps, bumpers and overriders, front grilles, stainless door and window trim and clips ..... etc ..... you get the picture! Have advertised on the AROC site for ages, and in Auto Italia, but the most detailed adverts are on the AlfaBB website - although you will have to wade through all the other stuff for 101/105-series cars and Alfasud models.

I'm based in Hertfordshire, send me a PM or email if you need anything. Ideally, part numbers and photos would be good.

Cheers,

Alex.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi everyone,

Not sure a lot of people care about this detail, but if you're having trouble locating textile braided (or sleeved) radiator and vacuum rubber hoses like the original alfa ones, I have found this company which produces it.

Impergom

more specifically, you can look at the first pages of this catalogue of theirs:
Catalogo Manicotti

and here's a photo of what the hoses look like.

IMG_4703_2.jpg

Nige, please add the link to the first post if you see fit.

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Hi everyone,

Not sure a lot of people cares about this detail, but if you're having trouble locating textile braided (or sleeved) radiator and vacuum rubber hoses like the original alfa ones, I have found this company which produces it.

Impergom

more specifically, you can look at the first pages of this catalogue of theirs:
Catalogo Manicotti

and here's a photo of what the hoses look like.

View attachment 376898

Nige, please add the link to the first post if you see fit.

:thumbs: Good find, thanks for that. I've added the Links to Post #1

·
Banned
34 Posts
Classic Alfa tyres

at present the 155 HR 15 Michelin XAS FF , 165 HR 15 Michelin XAS , 165 HR 14 Michelin XAS , 155 HR 15 Pirelli Cinturato & 165 HR 14 Pirelli Cinturato are on special offer on youngtimertires.com with a special offer. if you put the term RubberGoods into the discount code in the shopping cart it will give you a good discount.
To add to this there are now special offers on Set of 4 165X14 Pirelli Cinturato + Tubes & Set of 5 165R14 Pirelli Cinturato + Tubes

These can be found through our Alfa Romeo | Longstone Tyres page. we are trying to make our fitment recomendations as informative as possible so if you find any mistakes on these pages as they develop please let me know.

Regards

Dougal

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks for the info.

·
16,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
A Link kindly supplied by mistamun for Electrical Spares added today. :thumbs: