Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what folk are running on their cars, my CSC middle box has split twice, probably because of me giving them a kiss over speed bumps, I haven't lowered the car that much about 10-12mm but I find the middle box sits low.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Standard exhaust and ride height on mine, when it goes though I'll be getting something a bit more sporty. I did have a CSC one on my other Alfetta but I might try something different next time. Alfaholics list a stainless sports exhaust on their site but the page is empty, I'll be giving them a call when the time comes.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Umm, we've got them but only for the 75 Twinspark (see if you can guess how that happened).

CSC' s manifolds are good, you get useful extra performance out of them but on the 75 at least, that centre sits too low (I left part of mine behind in some place called Flugplatz in Germany) and I had trouble getting it to go past the brake calipers and tank/spare wheel well when I was fitting it. These were issues I addressed with our 75 system when I specced it at the design stage.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jim funnily enough I'm happy with the rear fitting. All feedback helps though

·
Registered
870 Posts
i wonder if the production line at CSC is constant. My mums alfetta GTV (she's 74, had the car almost 30 years now! ) had a CSC on it for years, was perfect fit. that eventually rusted away so i then fitted a standard IMAF , also fits perfect, clears everything and is all good around 10 years on.
My alfetta GTV, CSC middle and rear section, both crap fit, adjusting it you can either have it rattle off the rear axle over bumps, or hit the spare wheel well, or hit the brake caliper. you have no choice, but it will do one of the three!! im going to take it off soon and reshape / cut & weld the rear section and sort it out...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kammatic did you eventually sort out your CSC system? I am curious to know.

I also experimented with fitting the CSC system, complete, manifold to back box, and the fit on the car I maintain (sedan/saloon) was very good without any touching anywhere, and much lighter, especially the manifold.
However there were some things I did not like with the system. The actual bore of the manifold and subsequent piping was much wider in bore/diameter than stock so the engine was much freer at the top end but lost low down torque which would be expected and I do not use the car for track work.
Secondly CSC make their systems from very hard inox, which does not have any flex like the stock exhaust system material (after the manifold which is cast iron stock). This resulted in more vibration than previously.
Since I have Italian roots and speak Italian I contacted CSC and they recommended fitting a flexible joint after the manifold.
Anyhow I switched back to stock which is how ALfa designed it and tested it and it runs fine now. I am thinking to go to Italy to CSC and get any improvements I wished made on site so to speak as I still wish a light system that reduces backpressure, lasts, and sounds good, plus matching length headers with good join points.
ANSA sport are also remanufacturing their old period systems for the alfetta and from words with the guy producing them they are built using the same rigs but with better outer quality so they have flex but will not rust as period ones did. I will think about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kammatic did you eventually sort out your CSC system? I am curious to know.

I also experimented with fitting the CSC system, complete, manifold to back box, and the fit on the car I maintain (sedan/saloon) was very good without any touching anywhere, and much lighter, especially the manifold.
However there were some things I did not like with the system. The actual bore of the manifold and subsequent piping was much wider in bore/diameter than stock so the engine was much freer at the top end but lost low down torque which would be expected and I do not use the car for track work.
Secondly CSC make their systems from very hard inox, which does not have any flex like the stock exhaust system material (after the manifold which is cast iron stock). This resulted in more vibration than previously.
Since I have Italian roots and speak Italian I contacted CSC and they recommended fitting a flexible joint after the manifold.
Anyhow I switched back to stock which is how ALfa designed it and tested it and it runs fine now. I am thinking to go to Italy to CSC and get any improvements I wished made on site so to speak as I still wish a light system that reduces backpressure, lasts, and sounds good, plus matching length headers with good join points.
ANSA sport are also remanufacturing their old period systems for the alfetta and from words with the guy producing them they are built using the same rigs but with better outer quality so they have flex but will not rust as period ones did. I will think about it.
...oh and supersprint make a stainless steel system but at a cost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts