Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Alfetta GT came with RHD Carello headlights from the factory. After nearly a year searching, I have given up trying to find any replacements. Each of the four lights has a unique fixing found only on the Alfetta GT/V/6 from 1974 to 1986. I have just managed to source a set of USA fitment headlight bowls, that apparently capture a 'standard' 5 3/4" headlight. Now the question is which are the best low beam headlights to get? I have seen Lucas, Autopal, Hella and Cibie brands. I have a Cibie H4 with no side light ordered to see if it fits in the USA bowls. These light units were fitted to Fords and Triumphs and some motorcycles of the 70s, so they are readily available, but does anyone have a recommendation?
-Hazel (Quite poor night vision in my advancing decrepitude now).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry are you talking driving lights or high beam
I'm after recommendations for the driving lights. The high beams are slightly easier to source as they are the same for LHD and RHD Alfetta GT, and the ones I have seem to be acceptable.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,247 Posts
I guess its the 5" dip left which is the problem?

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Ive always resorted to lhd units 9 times out of 10 you'll drive in the daytime, the lights are not that powerful to bother anyone, you could always put some tape on for the mot. I know this is far from ideal. My current gtv has non alfa lights the previous owner put on Im not sure what car they came from I'll try and findout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts