Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Gus for the remap/DPF removal/EGR delete he did this morning on my 2.4 TI.

The car is much nicer to drive now and the performance is excellent.

I always thought with it being a 210bhp version it didn't suffer so much from the problems people state on here (hesitation, no torque very low down in the rev range etc). But now I can see it did and Gus has removed those issues :)

The car is very smooth now and did used to hesitate slightly when moving off in 1st gear if the revs weren't high enough. Now it's just effortless and there is no sign of hesitation.

It's also much smoother when accellerating through the gears and revs more freely. As Gus said, it doesn't feel restrained anymore and I saw it rev quickly upto 4500rpm several times on the way home tonight :D

I also did a couple of rolling starts against my friends Angel remapped 1.9 159 on the way home (Gus will be seeing him tomorrow morning for his remap/DPF removal). My 2.4 put around 100feet of distance between the two cars twice before nearing... naughty speeds! No matter what power he is currently running, the way my 2.4 pulled away from his 1.9 was amazing... and very pleasing for me at least :lol: ... I hope Gus doesn't give him too much power tomorrow! Joke.

My clutch is also fine despite the extra power. I won't be giving it too much work low down in the revs so hopefully it'll last a lot longer yet.

Cheers,
Lee

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I'm glad to finally join it! :) I've been saving for a few months :lol:

Gus even gave your car a mention this morning just to re-assure me about what these 2.4's can take :cool:

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
As soon as i've saved the £££'s mine being booked in!

Nothing but positive results. Mines had the mango's MOD 3 will Gus be able to remove these or do they stay?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
As soon as i've saved the £££'s mine being booked in!

Nothing but positive results. Mines had the mango's MOD 3 will Gus be able to remove these or do they stay?
mine had mango's mod 3 before i took it to gus back in feb. the difference? night and day :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts