Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats been done now...
On request from me, Gus and Adie have combined DPF (diesel partical filter) delete software, with a custom re-map which includes a small boost pressure increase, topped off with exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) dissable, to produce a fantastic performance upgrade for all 2.4 20v JTDm's.

The facts

*DPF Delete:
This consists of an ecu software re-write and installation of a new center piece exhaust.

*The Custom Map:
A complete re-write of all the throttle and fuel maps with revised torque limits, boost pressure remains well within the efficient working range of the std 20v JTDm turbo, at a moddest 1.7 bar.

*EGR Dissable (optional):
Having seen the state the intake manifold can get into with soot from exhaust gas recirculation, and this causing sticking swirl valves, jammed egr valves, even valve guide ware, I was only too pleased to have this dissabled.

*Fuel Economy:
It just gets better, the fuel consumption has improved! No fuel burning regens any more!
On a 600 mile round trip with A and B roads and some - cough - motorway crusing, I had an indicated 43 mpg confirmed with a brim to brim check.

So how does it drive?
Having driven this car with an array of tuning widgets (that have given some impressive results in the past!), I have to say, it is now a totaly different animal.

The power delivery is now soo smooth! The "old" beast would lurch with a wollop of torque sending the traction control into a fitt, now, the power comes in smooth and progressive like a powerful petrol, the engine just wants to rev, the rev counter just flys round the dial, theres no virtual wall at 4k rpm anymore either, she just keeps pulling!

Theres no smoke under normal driving load, just a small puff with heavy ecceleration, certainly no more than you would see from a GT.

*Power!:
The culmination of knowledge, with many months of software work, and many hours on the dyno, have produced some spectactular results!
On a recent dyno day organised by Mangoletsi, she showed 480 Ftlbs, and a wisker off 280 Bhp on a hub dyno. Not bad for 1.7 bar of boost and a squirt of water/methanol.

*Credit where its due.
I have to thank Gus (AlfaTune MotorSport Tel:01744 25499) and Adie (AHM Alfa Romeo Servicing Tel: 01252 845717 ) for the time and work they've put into this package (which is available) and has been coined the "F1 Map". oh and polythene seat covers optional :lol::cool:

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Intresting, is this somthing that can be put on a 1.9 jtdm?

Obvioulsy a few differences ;)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Great to see you on Sat James, and I thought the car drove very well, with linear power delivery right through the rev range. Worked very well in a high gear with low revs too, and still pulled well! :thumbs:

I bet it could sound good too if you uprate the system now there's nothing in the way ;)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good work:cool:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Tom - you don't have a dpf, best bet is to give them a call with your requirments.:cool:
@Cas - Yes only a matter of time...I'm at Allams next weekend?
@Mikey - Glad you liked it Mikey.:cool:
@KGB - Cheers.:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
They are pretty awesome figures, did Adie do you a RR graph too? would be good to see if there is a difference (although you can't really compare as the weather conditions would be different) ... you can see know why I'm always banging on about remaps :thumbs:

(also can you confirm that I wasn't there and that I don't work for Adie :lol:)

J

·
0 Posts
Your car is the best diesal I have ever driven, great power and well done to Gus and Adie.
You can be very happy with the numbers. Thanks to JBSmith for letting me drive.
All the best John.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Great to see you on Sat James, and I thought the car drove very well, with linear power delivery right through the rev range. Worked very well in a high gear with low revs too, and still pulled well! :thumbs:

I bet it could sound good too if you uprate the system now there's nothing in the way ;)
I didn't drive it (cause Mikey would not let me...can't say I blame him!) but was sat in the passenger's seat and have to agree with Mike 100% :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
So thats 650Nm? O_O

Holly....

BTW how much impact does the W/M have on the performance? Or was the car tuned in a way to be used with W/M allways on?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Ok cheers

The dpf was the obvious difference ;)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Good gains, very good, how much have you spent to achieve this gain?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Chris - your secrets safe with me:p:cheese: But yes your right.:thumbs::cool:
@John - High praise indeed, glad you liked it dude.:thumbs:
@Sandy - q answered :thumbs:
@Cas - Deal :thumbs:
@MeHdi - aarh! you should have pushed his fat **** out, and given it a go.:lol::thumbs:
@TribesMan - think it was tuned with, makes a big difference to spool up. I'm sure Gus/Adie will tell you all the techi stuff if you give em a ring, I know you like your data:cool:
@Tom - hahah no problem :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
nice one :thumbs:

dpf delete has been a long time a coming

i deleted mine with a gta sportwagon :D

may sound daft but - what mpg difference are you getting minus dpf?

1 - 20 of 166 Posts