Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, can you remember where the top mounting point is? I didn't notice mine but I guess its covered by trim at the mo.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
It was a while back but I think it goes like this . The seat belt mechanism sits on the inner wheel arch .You have to cut a hole through the trim at the side of the parcel shelf (the hole size is imprinted on the underside of the trim) .The top mounting point is on the inner c post above the hole you have just cut . if I remember right. Its got a plastic plug in it .

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If you're fitting ordinary fixed belts, you don't need to go through the parcel shelf. You just bolt to the mount in the C-pillar. Lift up the seat base and you'll see all the other mounting points.

My 82 sprint has inertia reel rear belts and they bolt to the same point on the C-pillar with the inertia reel part mounted to the top of the inner wheelarch as alfapud mentions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On my 88 Sprint (33 mechanicals) the top mounting points for the rear seat belts are located on two small rear shelves just behind the rear seat and next to the C-pillars. I guess the suds are slightly different and located direct to the c-pillars.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Sprint89 you're right, later sprints had the inertia reel mounted direct to the top of the side pieces. Better arrangement. I don't think earlier sprints have enough metal structure there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts