Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would just like to say what a fantastic garage AlfaShop is. They are already mentioned in the recommended thread, but I thought I'd write something here too.

My 156 went in for a suspected crank sensor failure and to take a look at the brakes on Monday. They contacted me after diagnostics and ran me through all the results(oh my, what a list eh Phil!?).
They kept me informed each and every step of the way, from (ANOTHER) MAF to crank sensor to the rear brakes, broken bearings and seized callipers (oh it does go on!) ...

Phil ran me through each and every item on the invoice, and even showed me all the parts that had been replaced.

I also had a good friendly chat with him and another customer about Alfas in general, and was made to feel like a well respected customer.

So, to AlfaShop in Norwich 10/10 for both mechanical and customer service :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too have dealt with Karl in the past when needing parts. I must agree that he is also a very helpful and friendly chap!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Can recommend Phil at Alfashop. So always helpful and friendly, did a great deal with him on my Koni Sports shocks and radiator for the Spider.

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Agreed their customer service is great :thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I took a gamble and bought a 2001 156 1.8 TS from the Wymondham Auction last month for £490. The engine management light was on but it had a full service history and 2 keys. Took it to alfashop and they found the problem, a camshaft phase sensor. It needed the Cammbelt replacing and well as this was last done 28,000 miles ago But in 2004. The 156 also had a slight oil leak and a short MOT. I got the Cammbelt, Variator, etc done, replaced the phase sensor, got a special tappered sump plug put in to stop the oil leak, 12 months MOT with some work needed and a oil change. This lot cost £1022 but it is now running like a dream. So in total the car cost just over £1500 but if I could have found a 156 with these bits done and a FSH I would have snapped it up for that price. Alfashop phoned me up regularly to let mw know was going on and every single item on the Invoices was accounted for, including nuts and bots. Found them to be straight talking and told they would not have done the work on the car had it been a heap. Early days yet but it's great having a alfa again. That reassuring sound of the engine guard hitting sleeping policemen and engine roar - Love it. I would recommend Alafashop but only if you want to be told the truth about your car.
Regards
Ray

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alfashop Norwich

Can only agree with all the other posts on this thread.Have been using this business for many years,they never fail with the quality of service,their knowledge and keen prices.They always provide great advice and help. Recently had my disc brakes upgraded to FERODO and a general brake service,they did a superb job on my Mito.Certainly well worth a visit or a call if you are an Alfisti.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Alfashop are incredibly enthusiastic, it's always a pleasure to speak to both Philip and Carl and are always very helpful and friendly over the phone.

This does contrast with the tumbleweed blowing across the chain of Alfa dealerships we have in sunny East Anglia:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts