Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brera is fitted with the stock Alfa Romeo Sat Nav. It's clearly not the best of its breed, but I like things easy ;), and for the moment I'm pretty satisfied with it.

However, I've got a couple of questions I couldn't solve searching the forums:

1) Is there any way to manually modify the stock cartography to add POIs (download the maps from the CD to the HD, modify the files and burn a new CD)? I have investigated this some time ago, and I know the cartography encoding format is not public, but I saw some Peugeot owners with similar Sat Navs burning their own CDs successfully.

2) I've never been able to use the TMC functionality, it constantly says there is no TMC records (even in front of big traffic jams due to crashes or works in big highways). Do I have to tune a specific frequency to be able to access TMC data?

Thank you all in advance!!

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
....2) I've never been able to use the TMC functionality, it constantly says there is no TMC records (even in front of big traffic jams due to crashes or works in big highways). Do I have to tune a specific frequency to be able to access TMC data?

Thank you all in advance!!
Don't know about the system in the brera, but with the connect+ in the 147, due to the fact that the radio only had a single tuner, you had to be tuned to a radio station that transmits TMC (which was indicated on the screen). By what you describe, this still seems to apply with the brera unit.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts