Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just thought I'd share some of my nice Alfa snaps I took whilst in central Rome this week. There are alot of 159 and 166(new shape) around. A few 147, even less GT and 156. Buyers of the 166 and 159 seem to love the Stromboli Grey which I think is a great choice.

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Nice photos mudan. I can almost feel the warmth of the Italian sun as I look at those photos! I agree Stromboli grey is a great colour, have that on my 156 Sport, my next Alfa will be the same colour too! Thanks for posting.:)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the cops there drive great cars and dress smart too. At times leisurely smiling and taking in the Italian sun.

I think they also have Gallardos when things get really messy. Most polizia 159s that I saw were 1.9 or 2.4 jtd. I think one also found it amusing I was photographing one of their cars:). I have to admit the 159 in Stromboli grey looks really smart in Rome. As I was saying, there were quite a few face lift 166s in grey too which were smart as well.

Few few Opels/Vauxalls and Fords to be seen in Rome...though the Mini is growing in popularity.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yep, the Carabinieri continue to buy Alfas in considerable numbers.
I was in Palermo last summer and one of the most interesting sights I saw was a whole convoy of 159's travelling from downtown Palermo up to Ucciardone (the high security prison). Amazing - they closed off every intersection, with armed police and army, then this convoy comes through at about 60mph with one prison van in the middle of it. I guess some major mafiosi being transferred. :eek:
On that subject, the Guilietta was of course the car of choice for those guys for car bombings in 60's.:wow:

·
Registered
211 Posts
The livery on those carabinieri 159s is quite stunning. Only the Italians could come up with something so lovely and yet subtle. I almost wouldn't mind being pulled in by one (almost!)

The best-looking cop car in the world?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The livery on those carabinieri 159s is quite stunning. Only the Italians could come up with something so lovely and yet subtle. I almost wouldn't mind being pulled in by one (almost!)

The best-looking cop car in the world?
probably :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, well Rome is an interesting and very charismatic city. I'm sure I'll go back some time to visit again.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breras/Spiders ? - none that I can recall!

Yes I think Rome is a bit expensive esp. when it comes to eating out. Most places are proper restaurants and you pay for the quality food, though there's always take away places which are good too.

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
I think they also have Gallardos when things get really messy
Yes they have Gallardos to patrol the motorways. Only the Italians could come up with an idea like this. Nice colour blue with subtle stripes and a continuous row of blue lights across the top. Both frightening and intriguing at the same time.:cool:

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Breras/Spiders ? - none that I can recall!

Yes I think Rome is a bit expensive esp. when it comes to eating out. Most places are proper restaurants and you pay for the quality food, though there's always take away places which are good too.
Hmmm....as I said in a separate thread, I found that it Cilento

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
garry,

I have to say the women in Rome are very attractive - have to say more so than any Italian city I've seen so far....which I suppose would include some of the tourists too.

·
0 Posts
Great pics :) - I only saw one Alfa in Gran Canaria - a V nice GT, but had no camera at the time :eek:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
when i was at home with my 'rents, i watched a lot of Rai Uno; my, how the camera loves the Alfa Police car :) 156, 159 et al...very nice :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts