Registered
5,227 Posts
Interesting... :)
Makes me miss mine.

Looks a great example.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Mines not far off a shell now. Surprisingly bits are selling fast off it. Hideously quickly in fact.

I just mean this looks a nice example of a TS.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a nice example. Such a shame to let it go. It's also a shame these cars a worth next to nothing. The Supersprint, Koni's and new tyres are worth more than the entire car. I did consider breaking it but I don't have the time or the heart. I've had some good times with this car! I reckon it's worth easily £1,500 - £2k in parts.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Yeah I know it's the same with mine. Fortunately all the nice bits are selling fast.
I am sure I will be left with a shell with engine but I can then sell that.

Hold out I am sure you'll get a decent buyer.

How much you looking for it?
If its at the right price I can pop down and take a look

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know it's the same with mine. Fortunately all the nice bits are selling fast.
I am sure I will be left with a shell with engine but I can then sell that.

Hold out I am sure you'll get a decent buyer.

How much you looking for it?
If its at the right price I can pop down and take a look
Hi Scott,

Just seen your message on ebay. I'm looking to get a £1000.00 for it. I know there's cheaper 147s and you seldom get the cost of the mods back but I think at this price it strikes a good balance. I think it would suit someone who appreciates the mods and is happy to drive around in it as it is or somebody who has the time and knowledge to strip the car (hopefully this won't be her fate just yet) and either use or sell the parts on.
If you're interested in taking a look let me know. I'm in Epsom.

Adam

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Anything you foresee coming up that might need changing?
Looking at lower wishbones etc...

Any knocking from ARB?

It's probably between this and maybe a Mazda MX5 / Fiat Coupe or a BMW 330.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anything you foresee coming up that might need changing?
Looking at lower wishbones etc...

Any knocking from ARB?

It's probably between this and maybe a Mazda MX5 / Fiat Coupe or a BMW 330.
Hi Scott,

Thinking about it, it will probably need front disks and pads in the next 5k miles. There was an advisory To the best of my knowledge the ARB is fine, I've certainly not heard any clonking or knocking. I took the car out first thing this morning, temperature was just above freezing here and suspension was quiet as a mouse. MOT came back in November with 'Macpherson strut has slight movement at upper attachment' for both sides, but this was also on there the year before and Biancos said it was all good. There was also a comment about slight corrosion on rear floor pans, but it's minor, I checked. I undersealed the car a few years back. Other than that everything is in good shape.

I also have the original springs and dampers which were taken off in 2009 at about 50k miles, Happy to throw those in too should somebody want to take the FSDs and Eibachs off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts