Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flicking through my owners manual last night, I stumbled across the stats towards the end...

Did you know... (...drum roll please :D) a GT, with a full tank of fuel and all other fluids topped up to correct levels, you are carrying around the guts of 80L of fluids, coolants, oil, fuel etc if you add them all up :eek:

I'm sure its similar for other models too?

It was something I took for granted, and never thought about before :)

Please forgive such a weird topic, I just had to share it!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I was suprised first time I had to fill my washer resovoir - 5 litres! Only need to fill it twice a year!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
If you were to equate that out in weight terms, the density of the fluids would all average to approx 1kg/L.... so in effect, you have a full 'other passenger' in fluids.
An empty petrol tank says a lot for tarmac take-off's!

·
Registered
397 Posts
McGuinn said:
If you were to equate that out in weight terms, the density of the fluids would all average to approx 1kg/L.... so in effect, you have a full 'other passenger' in fluids.
An empty petrol tank says a lot for tarmac take-off's!

Yes, nearly the difference between the weight of a v6 and a TS.

If you take out the spare wheel and drive on 1/3 of a tank you save about 60Kg; it all helps when your ts has to pull 1420 kg :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I was astonished when changing my engine oil & filter (I do it myself) that it takes 12 pints of oil to refill it. Its a JTD diesel engine. That's not far off what my old mans Massey Ferguson 165 needs. :lol:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
PINTS AlfaGuy? What are they??? :D

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
McGuinn said:
PINTS AlfaGuy? What are they??? :D
My old Jug only measures in pints so im stuck with them. :eek:

I am just looking at my notice board in front of me and I see where I wrote down the capacities

Massey Ferguson 165 = 16 1/4 pints
TR6 = 9 pints
Alfa GT = duze points 12.

This concludes the voting of the Kerry Jury! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts